New photo library sync

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So over the years I have made a mess of my original iPhoto library and it has been synced to the cloud and my phone and iPad.
I have pictures that I have scanned that don't have the right dates or places and it's just a mess.
Anyway, I decided today that I was going to start a new library and fix the dates and places. So that's what I have done. I have a new photos library and I have fixed all the dates on the photos.
So here is my question.
How do I clean out the library that has been synced to iCloud and have the new one sync?
I want to completey wipe out the old library from everywhere without deleting the actual photos and have just the new library synced.
Is there a way to do that?

Thank you.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Move the photos off of the devices. Once you do that they'll be removed from the cloud. Then move them back on to the devices and it should sync with the new date on the photos.

If you need someplace to move them to, use Dropbox. That's what I use so I keep free space on my phone, and still have the ability to get to my photos from my phone. The only photos on my phone at all times are downloaded wallpapers.

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Sherry. Thank you.
I have removed all photos from my phone. In fact, I actullay completely wiped and restored my phone except the photos. I have no photos on my phone.
The problem I seem to be having is the photo library on my mac.
Even though I deleted all the photos from iCloud and changed the default library to the new library, my phone still wants to sync to the photos I do not wish to sync to anymore.
I know I'm obviously missing something somewhere. I may have to back it all up and start over clean.
Thank you.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Are you referring to when you plug the iPhone into mac? It automatically opens up and wants to sync photos? I don't know a fix, just trying to get a little more details.

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey, Knotsure
I do it all through the cloud. I rarely connect my phone to the Mac.
I did figure out though that I was way overthinking it. All I had to do was delete the photo library that was syncing and replace it with a new one.
I had also maxes some other mistakes that were hindering my progress as well.
Thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4