Question New battery or new phone?

solodinu

Feb 7, 2024
Visit site
My second iPhone is nearly 5 years old and still works well. However, it needs a new battery. At this point, is it worth replacing the battery, or should I expect more problems in the next few years and just replace the phone completely?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
For myself, it’s about being value added, I would look at the cost of replacing the battery in you existing device and what a replacement device would be?

If you feel the cost of a new device is worth it, then go for it. I know most everyone I know is on a budget these days, so for myself being value added for any new purchases is top priority for me. Good luck.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Which iPhone model do you currently have? Is the battery life your only complaint? If so, have a new battery put in by Apple or an Apple-certified repair person. With that being said, at some point, your 5 year old device will no longer receive updates so keep that in mind.

Reactions: taz323 and Annie_M

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It depends on your budget and what model you have! Another factor to consider is what the current trade in value of your iPhone is.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I changed the battery in my XS just over a year ago, not because it had become critical,but it was going to be soon.I had five years from the first one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradkdoesntcare