iPhone SE (1st Gen) Replacement

whiteowl4

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Can Apple service centre provide me with a new iPhone SE 1st generation if I pay the full price? Or will they only replace my iPhone SE 1st gen (multiple issues) with a refurbished one at a price?
Can Apple service centre replace black iPhone (multiple issues with phone) with silver one if I want silver colour? Or they will only replace it with black?
Also, what are some good places online to buy refurbished iPhone SE 1st generation?

When does iPhone SE 1st Generation become vintage? 64Gb was discounted more than 5 yrs ago while 32 GB 4 years back as per wiki. Can the hardware incl battery and entire phone be replaced after it becomes vintage?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Can Apple service centre provide me with a new iPhone SE 1st generation if I pay the full price? Or will they only replace my iPhone SE 1st gen (multiple issues) with a refurbished one at a price?
Can Apple service centre replace black iPhone (multiple issues with phone) with silver one if I want silver colour? Or they will only replace it with black?
Also, what are some good places online to buy refurbished iPhone SE 1st generation?

When does iPhone SE 1st Generation become vintage? 64Gb was discounted more than 5 yrs ago while 32 GB 4 years back as per wiki. Can the hardware incl battery and entire phone be replaced after it becomes vintage?

Hello and welcome to iMore! Unfortunately I don’t believe that the SE 1st Gen is even available for purchase anymore. According to Wikipedia it was discontinued three years ago in 2018. So I doubt you could get a 1st Gen from Apple.

Source Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPh...on March,2017, with larger storage capacities.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Annie_M with the ++1 info.

Here’s an additional thought: I believe I’ve seen the SE gen 2 “refurbished or renewed” somewhere in the above 150 but below 200 dollars range. Imho and with due respect, you would be wasting money spending on on gen 1 even if you could find one to buy. The dollar to life span value ratio heavily leans at gen 2 (imho the ratio is even better getting a refurbished or renewed base IPhone 11). BOL…

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It is highly unlikely. Because Apple simply no longer sells, and to my knowledge, builds the iPhone SE (1st generation).

You will probably get a refurbished iPhone SE (1st generation); it will definitely not be a new device. Or, they could try to fix all the individual components that are in cause.

See above. Highly unlikely.

I would avoid the 1st generation iPhone SE at this point. It was removed from sale in 2017-2018, which means Apple software support for it will end soon (this month). It is of note that third-party apps will stop to be built for it also sometime soon (within the next two years).

The exact moment it will become vintage is not known. It is generally 5 years after the last sale of the model, and before 7.

Batteries might still be available, but full phone replacements are unlikely.

When a device becomes vintage, the service options become limited to part availability - and local legislation (seems to be limited to France according to the Apple Support article): https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201624

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2