MMS pictures blurry

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
@ redbeard. So you had email on your phone in the 60's! You rock!

Anyway back to the topic. I had heard that some phones actually reduced the size of the pic to send it.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Ha, the point is that e-mail is hit or miss, and time consuming, and it does nothing for us when somebody sends us a MMS and we have to go to that horrible AT&T website to view it.

People that have smart phones are far fewer than those that have regular "dumb" phones, and I'm not aware of another phone made in recent years that doesn't have MMS other than the iphone.

Everytime I e-mail a pic to someone with an iphone I then have to send them a text message telling them to check their e-mail, you don't have to do that with MMS. And we will get them just like everybody else, no viewmymessage crap to deal with anymore, and that, to me, is what makes MMS light years ahead of e-mail for sending pictures. And due to my hobbies, MMS is something I would use all throughout the day, and I look forward to it. I just doubt whether AT&T will live up to their promise of MMS by the end of summer, I think those rats will pull a fast one and make us wait even longer.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
again, how does this pertain to the topic. do you know how to make the pics not blurry? do you have a theory? does the blurry pics even piss you off? please lets keep on topic.

butchiem1

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
now I have to say, my emails are ok, its just the MMS being blurry thats the problem.

I sent one from myself to myself, and one from my wifes iphone to my iphone and it still comes blurry.

Is this the Iphone problem or T-mobile's

I wish someone had an answer

Pharoh#IM

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I read this this morning

Pics come in HORRIBLE resolution!

I remember a post i found when I was using a nokia e61 on tmobile that if tmobile doesn't have the phone listed as supported, it automatically resizes the image to 160x120

so this is why receiving pics with the iPhone messages app are so bad.
I hope there is someone whom can hack the iPhone so it sends out a fake device profile to your carrier so we could receive pictures in better resolution.. in SwirlyMMS I had to set up the device as a Motorola V300 or something or the Nokia profile, and the pics came out great... lets get this rolling for the stock apple MMS settings someone! Please!

I also noticed that pics viewed in "full screen" usually look horrible because the iPhone has a much larger screen and resolution than most of the phones sending mms. So it's putting really small pics and filling up your screen with them.

Some of you may have not read the full topic. Shutter brings up a very point here with the post he found. When you send an mms message to an iPhone, T-Mobile may be downgrading the quality of the pic because it's not a phone that the system recognizes. When the system receives a pic that is the same resolution as the iPhone screen, it downsized it. Then the iPhone puts it full screen, and it's blurry. It's a problem with the system, not the iPhone. It's seems to be a matter of fooling the system into thinking the iPhone is a phone the system does recognize. The poster mentions something about swirlymms, which is something I'm going to do research on. I would prefer something that we could do to make it work rather then fooling the system, but we gotta do what we gotta do.

Pharoh

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowanJack