Metal back for iPhone 4!

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks great! Was thinking of getting one and so far all the feedback everyone left has been helpful. I understand that it increases the thickness a little. However, does anyone know if it would still fit in an Otterbox Commuter Case? Also, is the flash issue that bad (I guess specifically in the dark.)?

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I want to order a silver "Branded" back like most ordered. I looked on the cnn.cn site and all I could find was "un-branded". Any help would be appreciated.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
One of the sites says that the metal backs are not compatible with the Verizon iPhone. Anyone know the difference with the back between the AT&T & Verizon versions?

Found the answer to my original questions, too. They also have flat metal backs instead of the beveled ones so I guess those would fit fine in the cases.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
It's incredibly easy. 2 screws. That's it. I have the silver one pictured in this thread. I took it off after a while. The raised sides started bothering me.

Thought you were still rocking your 3GS stud?? Lies??

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/209549-still-rocking-3gs.html
Check the link, it's interesting.

So one day before your post you're rocking a 3GS, but a day after the raised edges on your iP4 backing sucks?? Interesting bro...iphones are magical apparently

Last edited:

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone bought this for the Verizon iPhone and had it successfully work? I am really close to buying one but I don't want to if it won't fit or the fit will be off.

I think they look really awesome.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone bought this for the Verizon iPhone and had it successfully work? I am really close to buying one but I don't want to if it won't fit or the fit will be off.

I think they look really awesome.

The CDMA/Verizon iPhone has its own metal back. I posted pics in the Verizon iPhone forum.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: After a week of use and additional testing, found no change in reception switched back and forth between OEM and metal back in different places. No noticeable loss of reception.

Compared pics and noticed no affect when adequate light available. If the picture subject is near in dim to dark light, some slight flash bleed and grainy pic. If subject further away, pic gets worse. Results were worsened when the diffuser was added. OEM back results in way better photos in dim light and total darkness.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McElvy