Mac Mini user looking to upgrade...

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Mac Mini (Late 2012) model -

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I am looking to upgrade to a Macbook but I not sure if I need the newest Macbook just released a few months ago or go with the Retina Macbook Pro from last year or maybe just the Air. I won't be doing anything video or audio other than iTunes itself. Mainly just web surfing, email, and movie watching through either Netflix or TiVo.

Which one should I start looking to get? I'm thinking a pretty basic one should meet my needs but I definitely don't want to get something slower than my Mac Mini already is.

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think last year's Mac Book Pro would rock your world! I would probably avoid the Air it has not been updated in a while. If you want ultra thin go for the Mac Book 12 inch, BUT I'm thinking MBP for you. :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
In that case I'm thinking of this one... Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Latest Model) - 13.3" Display - 8GB Memory - 128GB Flash Storage Silver MF839LL/A - Best Buy

Will 128GB storage be enough? Between Apple Music & Dropbox I don't really save anything locally but I want to make sure that will cover the OS and Microsoft Office for sure.

Yes I think that would work, especially since your music will be via Apple Music and you can store your docs and pics and such in dropbox.