Mac Mini user looking to upgrade...

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Mac Mini (Late 2012) model -

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I am looking to upgrade to a Macbook but I not sure if I need the newest Macbook just released a few months ago or go with the Retina Macbook Pro from last year or maybe just the Air. I won't be doing anything video or audio other than iTunes itself. Mainly just web surfing, email, and movie watching through either Netflix or TiVo.

Which one should I start looking to get? I'm thinking a pretty basic one should meet my needs but I definitely don't want to get something slower than my Mac Mini already is.

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think last year's Mac Book Pro would rock your world! I would probably avoid the Air it has not been updated in a while. If you want ultra thin go for the Mac Book 12 inch, BUT I'm thinking MBP for you. :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
In that case I'm thinking of this one... Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Latest Model) - 13.3" Display - 8GB Memory - 128GB Flash Storage Silver MF839LL/A - Best Buy

Will 128GB storage be enough? Between Apple Music & Dropbox I don't really save anything locally but I want to make sure that will cover the OS and Microsoft Office for sure.

Yes I think that would work, especially since your music will be via Apple Music and you can store your docs and pics and such in dropbox.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR