Locked out

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My cousin is notoriously awful about remembering her passwords. Because of this, she has shared a few with me and has actually called from time to time to find out what her password is. She is still unable to remember her Apple ID password and has gone to the Verizon store to get some help with that. I love her to death, but I have to admit that this makes me crazy. It seems that many people create passwords "on the fly" without writing them down, and storing them in a safe place! And to be clear, I'm not suggesting that storing passwords in a notebook next to a computer is a good idea!

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Some pertinent information is missing. To simply go and buy and iPhone is easy. Signing into iCloud and the App Store is easy. Creating a lock screen passcode is easy. With that being said, why attempt to change the password at that time? I’m clearly missing something.

She told me she tried to change the Apple password before she bought a new phone and was locked out when she purchased because she had changed to many times when she tried to have it activated .

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
In that case, she might want to reset her password.

The instructions on doing so are available on Apple Support’s website here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204106 :)

It seems that this is exactly what she was doing, but that Apple has some sort of internal restriction on the number of times a password can be changed without logging in successfully before it locks the account for what I guess is two weeks before they will allow the account to be unlocked again.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It seems that the security measures that Apple has created to protect "our" privacy have backfired in this particular instance. Hopefully, it's all resolved soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2