• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Location Sharing Not Working

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have location sharing enabled on our family group; myself, wife and kids. I also have my brothers who we share our locations with each other.

For a while now my daughter’s iPhone has not been showing her location. All of the other iPhones in the group are sharing their location just fine. I’m trying to figure out what the issue is and how to resolve it. I do have restrictions setup on my daughter’s phone since she’s a teen but I don’t have location sharing turned off on her phone. It was always working and then all of a sudden it stopped working. Her location always shows Home even when she’s not at home.

Anybody else experience this and how were you able to fix it? Thanks.

IMG_9239.jpeg

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Try turning location sharing off and then on again for both you and your daughter.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have location sharing enabled on our family group; myself, wife and kids. I also have my brothers who we share our locations with each other.

For a while now my daughter’s iPhone has not been showing her location. All of the other iPhones in the group are sharing their location just fine. I’m trying to figure out what the issue is and how to resolve it. I do have restrictions setup on my daughter’s phone since she’s a teen but I don’t have location sharing turned off on her phone. It was always working and then all of a sudden it stopped working. Her location always shows Home even when she’s not at home.

Anybody else experience this and how were you able to fix it? Thanks.

View attachment 134052
Have you checked in Settings, under the user name section, Find My, and My Location on the phone?

It should say From this device.

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked in Settings, under the user name section, Find My, and My Location on the phone?

It should say From this device.
Late reply but it’s now working after upgrading to iPhone 16 Pro. I can see her location again. Weird that for some reason it wasn’t working on the 12.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomoreimore