Kinda disappointed in the new magpul bump case for the iPhone 5/5s.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Below are photos of the bump cases I received and I have to say I expected a much different product. For starters they said it was two layer material and it was supposed to be more impact resistant . I don't know how that is when the inside layer is the same material as the outside. It feels slightly more rubbery that's all it's still a solid tpu type case not two separate layers. Also the fit. It's snug it certain spots but on the bottoms sags and is very loose. I had high hopes for this case but it seems magpul took a step back. I guess I'll be sticking to my field case.
a2uhatum.jpg
3yjygu5a.jpg
sujy2u9y.jpg

Last edited:

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
No problem I'm really bummed I thought this was going to be the case to end all cases I was supposed to never have to buy another case again lol. Boy was I wrong.

On the picture those two are the last edition? You should just have an otterbox instead , im not a fan of otterbox by the way too bulky for my taste, anyway goodluck in your searching for the new one

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
On the picture those two are the last edition? You should just have an otterbox instead , im not a fan of otterbox by the way too bulky for my taste, anyway goodluck in your searching for the new one

I have otter box cases and I'm trying to get rid of the extra bulk. I'm leaving the bump case on for now to see if there is a wear in period or something. High hopes I guess.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Is the sleep/wake button on the bump case the same as the field case? I took my field case off because I could not feel the sleep/wake button click at all.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
You can change the frame and buy it separately, im not a represent from spigen if i show a lot of spigen product cos i just love it and just want to share eventhough tough armor one is not my fav its too thick for me its 11,3mm

image.jpg

juanc723

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
your all going to call me crazy but the i5s is a tad bit thinner and shorter than i5. how do i know? ive been searching for a case for my i5s for a long time and i thought i had already found the perfect case. the magpul field. i had it on my i5 and it was perfect. till i got my i5s and it all went down hill. the case felt loose and the edges were showing a bit. so i thought ok the case its a bit used and got loose. so i bought a new one but was showing the same results. i did a lil bit of research and i found some complains about some cases not fitting properly just like in my case. so i moved on in a hunt for a different case. i got a spigen hybrid case and to my surprise it was a tad too long. the phone was moving up and down inside the case. at this point i was annoyed and couldnt find anything close to the feeling of the magpul field. through out this time my wifes i5 was rocking field case and was getting a bit dirty so i decided to switch her case for the latest i have ordered. i was expecting to fit the same as it did on my i5s but to my surprised it felt like glove, just like the one she used to have. now it got me thinking and i decided to try her old dirty one on my i5s and it felt loose!!! just like the used and new i have tried one my i5s!! and also like my spigen which by the way fits perfectly on my wifes i5! call me crazy but yes it is crazy.

now to the op are you trying this on a i5 or i5s?

itechnical

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I just got a magpul case and am slightly satisfied, but if you are having the problems with the case moving up and down I would recommend the spighen neo hybrid case, it looks awesome and is definitely a bang for the buck, another case to consider would be the lighter version of the otter box defender, otter box commuter... otter box has come out with thinner cases to, and I have tried them all out, another one to consider would be the otter box symmetry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4