[Review] RhinoShield SolidSuit case for the iPhone Xs and Xs Max

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
RhinoShield is known for its tough CrashGuard cases but lately, RhinoShield has introduced new product offerings that not only give solid protection to your iPhone but also premium style and finish we all crave for when using protective cases. In that regards, RhinoShield's SolidSuit is a slim protective case that gives you maximum protection with great premium finish on the back.

20181001_220438.jpg

Pros:
  • Great fit
  • Solid protection
  • Well crafted with premium finish

Cons:
  • Pricier on some finishes

There is a lot to like about the new SolidSuit cases for the iPhone Xs and Xs Max, starting with the variety of case colors and side button options available. At the time of writing this review, there are 11 color finishes and 16 side button colors available to purchase. RhinoShield sent me the Black Oak, Carbon Fiber and the Classic Black to review. You can also choose from various other back designs from the gallery for your SolidSuit case.

My favorite is the Classic Black followed by the Carbon Fiber and Black Oak. The finish, be it wood or not, is smooth and feels great to hold. The sides also give a good grip and I didn't feel them slippery at all. This is a good improvement over the Mod case for the iPhone X.

20181001_220505.jpg

Here is the Black Oak finish

20181001_220549.jpg

Here is the Carbon Fiber finish

20181001_220538.jpg

While the back comes with a premium finish, the sides and the interior comes with the standard durable materials that make the RhinoShield cases unique. The case is equipped with their new ShockSpread material which can withstand large impacts up to 11 feet (3.5m) of impact. This new ShockSpread material is evident in the interiors with their standard honeycomb pattern design.

20181001_220637.jpg

Another thing to note here is the customizable side buttons. You can get side buttons in a variety of colors that you can replace to fit your style. You get the default black color buttons but you can purchase additional colors.

20181001_221312.jpg

I quite like the button finish. They are soft and provide great haptic feedback even though they are interchangeable. Here is the Classic Black case with red side buttons.

20181001_221753.jpg

The buttons hold pretty well and I never found them to wiggle or loosen as I used them.

To install the case, just insert the phone from the left side of the case and push down the corners from the top right. The case fits tight and it looks perfect. There is hardly anything to complain about the fit.

20181001_220737.jpg

What I like about the case is that it provides good protection to the screen with raised lip covers. If you don't use a screen protector and yet expect some protection from the case, then you will not be disappointed with the SolidSuit case.

20181001_220834.jpg

As for the rest, the charging port and speaker cutouts are as precise as you would expect them to be. The camera cutout is raised to protect it from surfaces when you place your phone down.

I used all of the three finishes on my recent trip with my Max and absolutely loved the protection I got from SolidSuit case. I would highly recommend SolidSuit case for your iPhone Xs/Xs Max if you are looking for that solid protection all around along with some added style.

20181001_220356.jpg

You can buy the RhinoShield SolidSuit case directly from their website starting from $29.99 for the Xs and Xs Max.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR