• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Jailbroken restore issues

gamerkidd7

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 2nd generation iPod touch for a while. My brother got it from a friend and jailbroke it with green posi()n software. After a while my itunes wouldn't sync, so I tried selecting the 'erase all contents and settings' option, but now my iPod won't reboot. It's stuck on the skull logo. What should I do?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 2nd generation iPod touch for a while. My brother got it from a friend and jailbroke it with green posi()n software. After a while my itunes wouldn't sync, so I tried selecting the 'erase all contents and settings' option, but now my iPod won't reboot. It's stuck on the skull logo. What should I do?

Sounds like you need to do a full restore and re jailbreak with green poison. Be carful when jail breaking as there are two types and one doesn't work with the iPod. The correct one for your device is RC5. Don't use the other one what ever you do. Before you do this, have you tried leaving it with the green Skull for ages, like an hour. I would do a full restore anyway. At least your device will be all fresh then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman