Jailbroken iphone 3gs

joz3z

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a iPhone 3gs which used to belong to my friend that had it under a locked contract but had upgraded resulting it now in my possession.

I had jailbroken it and all was fine until i updated the software and now i can't get passed the initial set up stages even when i sync it with itunes it doesn't read it.

I have spoken with the network provider and they have advised it is now no longer under their network and unlocked but i still can't use it. Can i un-jailbreak it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a iPhone 3gs which used to belong to my friend that had it under a locked contract but had upgraded resulting it now in my possession.

I had jailbroken it and all was fine until i updated the software and now i can't get passed the initial set up stages even when i sync it with itunes it doesn't read it.

I have spoken with the network provider and they have advised it is now no longer under their network and unlocked but i still can't use it. Can i un-jailbreak it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

a restore will unjailbreak it.

joz3z

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but iTunes doesn't read the phone, with or without a sim card. There is no service, cannot get through with wi-fi. To set up i can only get as far as 'Connect to iTunes' and that's it. I don't mind if i lose what's on there i just want to phone to work again, anyway possible.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
have you tried any other usb ports or any other cables?

or another computer to see if itunes picks it up.

as your phone isnt in any sort of "special" state it should be recognized by any computer as soon as it is plugged in whihc makes me think there is a usb issue or a cable issue as opposed to a phone issue currently
maybe try restarting computer and see what that gets you

joz3z

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
ok so i've tried connecting it through a pc which worked and picked up our wi-fi but still in itunes it reads "we're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time. Please try again later, or contact customer care." And on the iphone itself it reads "Your iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iphone to itunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes. If this problem persists, contact Apple Support at apple.com/support"

I've tried reconnecting a few times still with the same result. And when i use the support link thats temporarily down too.

Maybe the iphone can be restored but not at the moment if servers are down? I'm not sure..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad