iTunes question

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I have a couple of questions about iTunes.

My wife and I use the same iTunes account. This means we can both download the same apps (either via the iPhone or iTunes) and only pay once.

Is the same true for movies and/or music? If I buy a song on my iTunes accounts, can she download it on her computer for free? Or a movie?

Also, if I buy a song on my iPhone, can i then download it for free through iTunes?

Chris

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
As long as the same account is on both devices yes. My girlfriend and I have our set up this way as well. Of course in order to purchase something new she has to have me put in my password... but things that I have already purchased are free for her taking.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
So if I buy a song on my computer for $.99, she can click on "buy" on her computer and download it, but it will not charge her. Great!

(I wanted to know because I just bought a movie for my daughter, but she wants to watch it on my wife's iPhone for some reason.)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It works that way for Apps, and while I'm sure you can play music and movies on iTunes logged in with the same account, I don't know about re-downloading them. Some people have had issues (the media companies are complete biatches about that).

Of course, you can simply transfer the file between machines, which is what I do.

Just drag and drop into another iTunes instance logged in with the same creds, and you're good to go.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It works that way for Apps, and while I'm sure you can play music and movies on iTunes logged in with the same account, I don't know about re-downloading them. Some people have had issues (the media companies are complete biatches about that).

Of course, you can simply transfer the file between machines, which is what I do.

Just drag and drop into another iTunes instance logged in with the same creds, and you're good to go.

I meant to say that... you'll have access to sync all songs to either device. Thanks for catching that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conman284