iTunes not backing up my phone

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I sync my iphone with itunes on a regular basis. But when I look at the "drop down" list of prior backups, they're all from May and June. How can this be? I sync my phone often and during the sync it always shows that it's "backing up." I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Neal

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You can right click on your Iphone in Itunes and you should get the option to "Backup" do it and see if it completes the backup. Then if you know that works you can move on to figuring out why it doesn't do it during sync.

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Another tip would be make sure all of your apps on you computer are the latest, as well as your iPhone. That way your computer isn't crapping out on you while trying to sync a 800MB app like Myst or Payback. That's what happened to me for a bit.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
When I choose restore from a back up ( even though I backup daily ) I only see one option. I'll have to take a screen shot when I get home.

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
You can right click on your Iphone in Itunes and you should get the option to "Backup" do it and see if it completes the backup. Then if you know that works you can move on to figuring out why it doesn't do it during sync.

I did as you suggested and the iPhone backed up. Afterwards, I right clicked on "restore from backup." But the backups displayed are still the old ones from May and June.

chrstphr.ross: I'm quite sure that my apps are all up to date. Whenever I'm notified of app updates, I update them immediately.

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Are you sure that the old files aren't the current back up? It could just be named after the day the file was created. Then the created file just gets updated. I only say this because when I updated from a backup. O too only had one file. But after the backup. My phone was current.