itunes always asking for password

Blackadder46

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello all
First of all my apologies for my first post being one asking for your help, hopefully i can return the favor one day.

So, we bought my dad an ipad 2 and he has upgraded the software to ios 6 (i think that's the one)
Today i set him up an itunes account and loaded it with ?15 to buy some apps.
He tried to download a free app and every time you click to install the app a pop up comes up, which says "for added security please set up 3 security questions" the options on the box are "not now" or "continue" (not now causes you to stop the install)
So, we click continue and another pop up box asks for his itunes password, we put this in and after a few seconds the same box comes up, again and again and again....
We know his itunes account set up correctly and active as he has the confirmation emails, it also shows he has money on the account...

A quick google and it seems others are having the same problem.
We have done the things that some have said (log out of itunes, powerdown the ipad, wait, power back up and sign back in)
This has not worked.

Going back to the security questions my dad has not answered any, nor did i when i set his itunes account up....

Any help would be most appreciated.....
Many thanks

Blackadder46

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Set up the questions and then try again also make sure your password is correct with the correct capitols etc
Thats the point.....it never asked to set up any questions, nor is there an option to set up the questions........remember this is a new itune account set up on a new ipad.....not an existing itunes account
It also does not give you the option to answer or set up the questions......it just loops the password over and over......type password hit enter.......box pops up again....type password hit enter.......etc etc
Password is being typed in correctly.....i proved this by typing it in incorrectly and got the wrong password message.....
Thanks for your reply though..

- - - Updated - - -

It only pops up the password box when you try to install an app.......it wont let you past this password stage...
From the research i have done it seems a few people have this problem after upgrading the ipad 2 ios to the latest version......

Blackadder46

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Log into your iTunes account on a computer maybe you can setup the questions there

Yea thats what i am going to do tomorrow......you seem to have more control over your itunes account on the pc.....
Failing that because it is new and dad has hardly put anything on it yet i may reset it and not upgrade the software until i get itunes working correctly.....
Thanks again

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea thats what i am going to do tomorrow......you seem to have more control over your itunes account on the pc.....
Failing that because it is new and dad has hardly put anything on it yet i may reset it and not upgrade the software until i get itunes working correctly.....
Thanks again

Once it's updates you can't go back even if you reset it .. You can use safari on the iPad also to control the iTunes account

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Do u have a credit/debit card on file? I had the same issue and it worked when I put one on file

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Blackadder46

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Once it's updates you can't go back even if you reset it .. You can use safari on the iPad also to control the iTunes account
Thats put that idea out the window lol...
Lets hope that syncing it with the pc and setting up the questions sorts it out......

@macleod
No i used a gift card to put some credit on the account....
The confirmation emails setting up the account were all fine and came through within minutes, there was no "verify" link either....

I am quite computer literate but the ipad and itunes set up seems to be a tad annoying with no explanations for its constant request for a password when installing my dads first ever app lol

Blackadder46

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just an update in case any one else has this problem...
Installed itunes on dads desktop
Plugged his ipad into it and did the sync thing...
Downloaded his apps onto the desktop with no problems and then just dragged them across to his ipad....
Its not an ideal solution, but its a work around for now......
ipad still asks for his password everytime we try to download an app and will not progress any further except to ask for his password again....
Lets hope if it is a latest ios upgrade problem that they sort it out......
Thanks for all the help people....

Blackadder46

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Another update
I went down to my dads yesterday to try another fix (altering the year to 2013 and then back again, dont ask me how or why it works but it did for some)
So i fired up the ipad and tryed one last time to download an app without it constantly looping on the password screen
Guess what, the 3 security questions came up, were answered and now alls well with the ipad.
Maybe Apple did a stealth fix for this problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizayoni