Itouch 2gen MC

dray_jr#IM

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok i had a client drop off this itouch and im stumped

it turns on and shows the apple logo and shuts off. if i try to turn it back on it just keeps showing the apple logo and shutting off

i have tried soft/hard reset, then i tried putting it in dfc or w/e its called and i am having no luck

Does anyone have any idea on how to get this thing working again.

Thanks

Dj

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
(this is going to sound like tech support)

Have you tried charging it?

connecting to iTunes?

and if all else fails taking it (or rather you client) to the Apple store?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If it's a second generation, it's at least 3-4 years old... I'd seriously consider power/battery issues... maybe a new battery is due...

What line of work are you in? You said a "client" dropped it off... for repair? I don't mean to be snarky, but it sounds like you have very limited experience with iOS devices... just curious, really.

dray_jr#IM

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
i do PC's, xbox360, PS3, android, iphone and many other electronic repair and troubleshooting. but your right i am not great with iOS software or troubleshooting steps but im not scared to look stuff up and ask questions how else would you learn.

i can tear down a iOS phone no questions asked thou. anyways back to the subject

i have tried itunes same problem, it has been charging for hours and same response when i hit the power button.
now that you say something it might be the battery
but from what i know from experience is even if your battery hold no charge to the point ware you take it off the charger and it shuts off. as long as it is hooked to a external power source it will still function as normal until you unplug it.

i maybe wrong but i know my ipod video is like that along with many iphone i have had come in with junk batterys.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i have tried itunes same problem, it has been charging for hours and same response when i hit the power button.
now that you say something it might be the battery
but from what i know from experience is even if your battery hold no charge to the point ware you take it off the charger and it shuts off. as long as it is hooked to a external power source it will still function as normal until you unplug it.

i maybe wrong but i know my ipod video is like that along with many iphone i have had come in with junk batterys.

If the battery is fried, it could cause the symptoms you're describing... or it could have gotten wet... hard to say for sure, but I'm still going with bad battery as the most likely issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68