• I have problems with it sometimes.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • No, it's terrible!

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

hr2hlpU

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Seems like one out of every 20 (or so) iPhone users I bump into has problems with Touch ID. I always suggest to 're-train' the device and I never hear back... so there's a good chance that perhaps there's some 'user error' going on here... However, I know for a fact that some are having serious problems with Touch ID not working properly.

How's your Touch ID experience been so far? Working flawlessly? Occasional glitch or problem? Or not working at all?

Touch ID usually works 1/15-30 times for me, I have retrained it multiple times, but it usually doesn't work. A while ago I got my index finger to work every time, but now none of them work.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It's weird to read of people being less successful with Touch ID. I've had a lot of iPhones and iPads and Touch ID has always worked. I always train both my thumbs, index fingers, and right pinky and it typically works just fine.

When training does everyone wait until the device vibrates?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Touch ID is working great. But as brought up on another thread, there's an issue with it not available in the early morning. Several are getting a message to Enter the passcode for the Touch ID. This is similar to the 48 hour thing. But otherwise, it works great.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Touch ID has always worked great on all my Apple devices that feature it.

@ Haalcyon....why the right pinky. My right pinky is used strictly for sticking it out during afternoon tea. LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I registered my left thumb and right index finger. No issues with that at all. Both work flawlessly to open the phone and in other uses as well.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Touch ID has always worked great on all my Apple devices that feature it.

@ Haalcyon....why the right pinky. My right pinky is used strictly for sticking it out during afternoon tea. LOL

Lol...right pinky in case my other fingers get cut off or something.

BDog5233

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Works perfectly for me. You've got to be very specific with how you set of your print. Adjust the angle of ur print a little bit to the left or right on every scan until the scan is done. By then the phone should have your print memorized in multiple p.o.v.s and be much more efficient.

Couver81

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I received a hand me down 5s recently and my Touch ID is working fine. You do have to let the phone get a good read of the print you want. For both prints I set up I had to place my finger on the sensor at different angles about 4 or 5 times. But once it got the full print there was no issue.

elcapitan_747

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Is using this feature actually worth trying? I mean, if something goes wrong with the feature while I'm away from my Macbook (I don't use iCloud to back up my device) and my iPhone gets reset I'd have no way to communicate with anyone in any way. Seems too risky to try out, IMO.... Feel free to convince me otherwise, though.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
When Touch ID doesn't work it reverts back to your lock screen where you can enter you lock screen code to proceed.
Hope that helps.
Good Luck

LeviV8

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Well, yes, most of the time :D Touch ID was a strange thing to me the 1st days, didn't even bother with it, then I allocated to some time to set it up,
it's not that easy for a person who never used fingerprint readers before as you see on the internet :) but after a few failed attempts, done it.
Sometimes when the reader is smudgy, or your fingers are wet/oily or something like, it might not work, then you have to enter a PIN.
I'd give it an 8/10 so far :D

plantfoot

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I had to think of a name I looked out of the window seen a plant on the window sill that looked down saw my foot and that is how plantfoot was born

West Londoner

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi all just had a quick TouchID query

Ive been using my 5S since 2014 , and recently with iOS 10 , I have found TouchID to be far less reliable

I have registered and deleted my fingers multiple times , but still it now frequently fails to recognise my finger . It has not suffered any screen damage ( it is in spotless condition ) , although it has been used caseless

Does anyone know if this is a software or hardware issue ?

Any help would be appreicated
Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855