Is there any way to undo the “undo” on the numerical keyboard on the iPad?

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Is anyone else irritated and frustrated by the placement of the “undo” key that appears next to the space bar on the iPad keyboard when invoking the numbers and symbols. I keep accidentally hitting the undo and needing to re-enter my content. I’d love to a) get rid of this undo key and b) know a command to restore the words that get undone.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Don´t think you can get rid of the erase button, and to undo the...undone, many apps support the "shake to undo option" check it out.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I rarely use the built in keyboard. But, after looking at the layout as you described I can see where that would be annoying. So I would answer yes to irritated. I use a keyboard called PadKeys that does not have that option of UNDO.
f464c9a67569d9fae63e9f60a9d720db.png

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I just checked on my other iPad which is on 10 the keyboard when in number mode has the UNDO key on the third line down left side near the minus sign which would not be annoying. So this is the newly designed keyboard.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Haha I sent feedback to Apple 2 years ago about just this after I hit undo and wiped out a paragraph of a book I was writing. Shake to undo will sometimes bring back what you wiped out but not always as I've learned.