Is there any way to get a lock on our iOS apps w/out Jailbreaking?

shivanshu1997

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys is there any way to get a lock on our ios apps like facebook whatsapp etc. to secure from our friends nd all without jailbreaking ? Or any rumours about upcoming features on our new ios 7.2 or ios 8.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys is there any way to get a lock on our ios apps like facebook whatsapp etc. to secure from our friends nd all without jailbreaking ? Or any rumours about upcoming features on our new ios 7.2 or ios 8.

Does logging out of Facebook not work?

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

What about a passcode on the phone ?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to lock apps outside of jailbreaking. There are apps that have a built-in lock mechanism like Dropbox, Evernote, Documents 5 by Readdle and DataVAult, to name a few. Anyway, as has already been suggested, a passcode lock for your device is your best bet.

shivanshu1997

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Passcode for iphone will not work just imagine i am downloading something and suddenly my mom take my phone she will be able to see all my chats and whatsapp too..

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Even if there was away, do think they would let you keep the phone after you put a lock on it to keep them out.

Shivam Mishra3

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Assuming that you are a minor, your parents have every right to see what's on your phone. Don't download, post, text, etc anything you don't want them to see.

What an ******* kind of a reply.
Every person has a private life in which no one else is supposed to put an eye not even his/her parents.

You should better jailbreak your device for locking your social applications.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What an ******* kind of a reply.
Every person has a private life in which no one else is supposed to put an eye not even his/her parents.

You should better jailbreak your device for locking your social applications.

1. The post you replied to is 2? years old.
2. The reply she gave was a darn good one and made sense, especially to those of us who are parents. I'm one of those parents who have told my kids, that as long as they are in my house and being cared for by me, they don't have exclusive privacy. Lock the door on me and I'll remove the door altogether. Yeah, I'm one of those parents...
3. Your Jailbreaking response is a good one. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy