Is Apple TV worth it if you don't have great internet???

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
We have a house full of apple products from the imac to the apple watch and everything in between, but have not had an apple tv yet because we live in the country and have lousy internet speed. they call it dsl but we are the furthest house from the tower, hub whatever so it's not very HIGH SPEED at all. When i chatted with apple i asked if my wife could bring it to work to download stuff at a fast speed and then bring it home.Games yes but He reminded me that we could stream any movie/tv show on our iphone or ipad to the apple tv using airplay without any wifi. Netflix won't allow downloading, streaming only. My stepsons are able to play xbox live with our connection, but downloading and uploading is very slow.
So.... will it be worth it??? Thanks

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Downloading will still be slow. I have a 1.5Mbps connection and I also live in the country. I can stream everything but iTunes Store content easily. Every other services handles my connection just fine. iTunes plays fine if set to SD content. The only issue is you have to wait for it to load. I think it's a problem with how Apple chooses to handle streaming. Today I downloaded Asphalt 8 and it took an hour to download the first bundle. I wasn't in any hurry to play it so that was fine. But I'm sure it will get more annoying as time goes by. Overall I still love my tv. Besides iOS devices the tv is my most used device. There isn't a day that goes by I'm not using it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB