• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Ipod touch 6th Gen battery issues

Naheed87

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I bought a used Ipod touch 6th Gen from one of my friend. I have noticed something really weird. When I restart the ipod the battery meter shows a red icon and stays like that for a about 2 mins. After 2 mins the actual level of the battery is shown. It also looses like 20% of charge even on standby. Also when I connect it to the charger, the battery meter jumps, suppose I connect the charger when the ipod is at 20%, It jumps to 40% instantly in a couple of minutes. I ran a diagnostic test with Apple Support and was told that the battery has passed the test. Do I have a defective battery or is this a software issue? Any Ideas?

Thanks.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I witnessed this same thing on my nieces iPod. It does appear to be a software issue in my opinion

bazn

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with the iPod touch now 3 time phone and tell  they have replaced it 3 times for me and I’m now waiting on a 4 coming so hopefully 4 time lucky but it’s been the 32g models having been the problem

Naheed87

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem with the iPod touch now 3 time phone and tell  they have replaced it 3 times for me and I’m now waiting on a 4 coming so hopefully 4 time lucky but it’s been the 32g models having been the problem

I believe you may be right. I bought another Ipod touch 32gb from Kijiji and it is the same. Is there any fix as these ipods are not under warranty. I took it to a local store and all they did was factory reset. Have done that alot of times until I got fed up with it. Are you sure its only the 32gb models? I was planning to try the 16GB but if this is a ipod touch issue than it would be a waste of money.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman