iPod Touch 6th Gen Battery Replacement Issues

jackflash97

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
I’m attempting to replace two iPod touch 6th gen battery’s. Old battery’s have been removed as they were knackered and new battery’s purchased. I’m measuring a nice steady 3.82v across both new battery’s with my multimeter, however when I connect them to the iPod (by soldering or by holding in place) there is no sign of life in the iPods and the voltage across the terminals drops to 0v. To me, this suggests the battery is being shorted, which I find peculiar as the same issue is happening to both units. Once I disconnect the battery’s again, their voltage returns to 3.82v. Has anyone encountered this issue before, and are you aware of any potential fix? Many thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m attempting to replace two iPod touch 6th gen battery’s. Old battery’s have been removed as they were knackered and new battery’s purchased. I’m measuring a nice steady 3.82v across both new battery’s with my multimeter, however when I connect them to the iPod (by soldering or by holding in place) there is no sign of life in the iPods and the voltage across the terminals drops to 0v. To me, this suggests the battery is being shorted, which I find peculiar as the same issue is happening to both units. Once I disconnect the battery’s again, their voltage returns to 3.82v. Has anyone encountered this issue before, and are you aware of any potential fix? Many thanks.

I recommend going to the ifixit website to view a tear down of the devices, if available. Their tear down videos are pretty detailed and could possibly answer your questions, in my opinion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2