iPhone X: image retention on app switcher

nexus4best

May 25, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Recently got a iPhone X and I noticed I’m getting some image retention when I use apps like the camera and calculator. For example, I use the camera for about 30 seconds or so then when I go into the app switcher pane, I can see a faint outline of the camera shutter button. This is really peeing me off.

Does anyone have the same problem with their iPhone X?

I know image retention is normal when a static image is displayed for a while but from my experience, it happens when the device is of old age.

I did go to a genius appointment but the staff basically told me that it’s normally and I should ignore it. I’m thinking if I should book another one and stand harder this time.

Thanks everyone

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I did go to a genius appointment but the staff basically told me that it’s normally and I should ignore it. I’m thinking if I should book another one and stand harder this time.

That's not normal, at all. I'd go to another store if at all possible.

nexus4best

May 25, 2018
Visit site
That's not normal, at all. I'd go to another store if at all possible.

Hi, I did some further testing. so if I stay on the camera for 30 seconds then go onto a gray background, I can see the outline of the camera shutter button very clearly. This does eventually go away but I’m really not expecting image retention on a device of this age which is just over 6 months old. You’d still recommend I’d go to a Apple store and get it checked out again? Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy