• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Iphone nano?

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I don't usually watch videos on my phone, but I kind of like the smaller 3.2". It still seems very practical and it will probably fit better in my hand. I'm for it.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
@ CrazEtoon

Thanks for that update. Making the phone smaller would ruin it. The purpose of having the entire phone being a screen is to have a good size screen to view everything. It anything i would want it bigger, like those old Intel pics that came out a while ago with the extremely wide internet device. more space to view everything.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
My guess is they are making all iPods touchscreen, and the smaller size will likely be for an iPod Nano. Think about it: video media is becoming a big deal for Apple, they are releasing video to Canada and the UK now, and the iPhone OS(even on iPods) is an awesome mobile gaming platform.

I call iPod Nano touch -- with a whole revamping of the iPod line(excluding the shuffle of course). The turn-wheel and small screen is so, WAY, totally, early 2000s.

nsquared

May 31, 2008
Visit site
My guess is they are making all iPods touchscreen, and the smaller size will likely be for an iPod Nano.

I don't think this is for a new iPod nano... there is a hole at the top for the ear piece. although I believe Apple is going to do away with the click-wheel and going touch-screen iPods all the way, I don't think this is it.

I really would like Apple to release a smaller iPhone. I know a lot of people are clamoring for new functionality, but I for one would not mind a more pocket-able version.

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
nano?

I think if Apple were to release an iphone nano the screen would be much smaller, say 1/2 the size, to create a much smaller form factor. Kind of like the iRAZR with a dual touch-screen flip a la nintendo DS or candybar. I can't see a reason for shrinking the screen nominally.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KincKong1980