• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPhone CrApp List

iphone4idiots

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Interesting thread.

I couldn't disagree more with the person that mentioned Twitter apps. Tweetie (Tweetdeck is good too) is one of the three apps I use the most for sure (and The iPhone Blog is one of my favorites to follow).

People mentioning $0.99 apps seems strange to me. What do you expect for a dollar. If its crap - who cares.

My vote would be for CoPilot Live 8 Mobile Navigation. I was gonna review it, but it was so bad I didn't. I spent two hours trying to figure out how to program the drive from my house to work and could not. It did pretty well naming the upcoming streets and looks good enough, but for $35.00 its got to be easier to use. A quick disclaimer is that I'm and idiot so maybe its not as bad as I thought. Anybody feel there is a turn by turn app out there yet that is worth it???

animagik

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Compared to their console games these are so much cheaper.. its just that they sound expensive when compared to the other 99 cents games which are not that well made

Zoso1048

Oct 18, 2009
www.facebook.com
I never could get NY Times to stop crashing, and eventually deleted it.

Really? l've never had a problem with it. l'm a news junkie, so thank God...or whatever else theological being that one might worship.

For me, the worst app l've come across was the Beer Pong game. But then again, it was free. l try to keep in mind, that the lower the price, the less quality you'll get. lMO anyway.

yophone

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
GPS Motion X has worked like crap fro me. I've only once been able to lock in a GPS signal. The interface is super fugly and awkward too. Probably the only app I've really regreted buying.

DirtyIrish

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Ummmm Wellll OK

I am gonna say it I will get Boo'd but I gotta do it
what to do with a Virtual Zippo why of course light a (wait for it) a VIRTUAL cigar........
dang that should get me some rep (or not)
Irish
c,mon some one had to say it

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
GPS Motion X has worked like crap fro me. I've only once been able to lock in a GPS signal. The interface is super fugly and awkward too. Probably the only app I've really regreted buying.

i have no issues with the GPS Motion X, it took me from NJ to Canada(8.5 hrs, 533 miles each way) and back so i loveeeeeeeeeee this app!!:D

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Well after I updated Twitbird Pro a couple days ago it keeps crashing..... So Twitbird is on the CrApp list until next update.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The Google Wave app, it uses Google's Google Wave icon as if they were authorized by Google to make the app. Cost $0.99, doesn't display Google Waves very well. Better off just using your browser, as it's no faster or displays any differently from what I can tell.

iEattehberry

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
No offense to any of you, but you guys sure do seem to complain a lot about the apps on these forums. I mean, I don't have my iPhone yet (I'm getting it saturday), but if you think the app store apps "suck" then get a blackberry or android phone. I've had them both, and the apps on android were okay, until they crashed..constantly. As for the blackberry, the apps are expensive, and VERY few and far between. The ONLY good app for the blackberry is Beejive IM. I'm just saying, at least with the iPhone you guys have better choices.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman