iPhone 7 Durability

Shaif

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I use the otterbox symmetry clear for the iPhone 7 matt black, and sometimes i remove the case to clean the dust. Yesterday i discovered some scratches on the bottom antenna. Here in The Netherlands i paid 989 (1114 dollar! for the 256 GB) euro's for the iPhone and 30 euro's. I think i will use the iPhone without a case and only with a glass screen protector.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I put a tempered glass screen protector on my matte black iPhone 7 either the day I got it or the day after. I never used them until I noticed a tiny, fine scratch on the screen of my iPhone 6s sometime late last year. That scratch really freaked me out because I'd never scratched a phone screen before and I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my devices.

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I don’t agree that Apple is falling behind.

Mr Jobs declared no one needed or wanted a screen larger than 4". Every innovation we see beyond that original iPhone was pioneered by Android brands. I read about wraparound screens, about OLED and wireless charging and all of it has been running on Android devices for years, and for cheap, in many cases.

Apple integrates hardware and software into the most efficient handheld on the planet, but they ain't leading the charge on style.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Mr Jobs declared no one needed or wanted a screen larger than 4". Every innovation we see beyond that original iPhone was pioneered by Android brands. I read about wraparound screens, about OLED and wireless charging and all of it has been running on Android devices for years, and for cheap, in many cases.

Apple integrates hardware and software into the most efficient handheld on the planet, but they ain't leading the charge on style.

Leading is not the same thing as being innovative, nor is walking blindly into the abyss.
Most of the android novelties that came over the years haven’t caught on and some of them have even been removed.

As you have noticed over the past years, stuff that Apple implemented in iOS and in its iPhones has been largely successful. There is a reason behind that.

Last edited:

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Leading is not the same thing as being innovative, nor is walking blindly into the abyss.
Most of the android novelties that came over the years caught on and some of them have even been removed.

Sorry. I have no idea what that means.

As you have noticed over the past years, stuff that Apple implemented in iOS and in its iPhones has been largely successful. There is a reason behind that.

Okay, so Apple steals what's useful, even if it takes them years. But we're approaching saturation with smartphones, according to a very wise analyst, and she has the charts to prove it. This means it's 2007 all over again, and Apple must do more to maintain position than copy Samsung. Show us what we didn't realize we needed all over again. That's the challenge. Otherwise they're flailing, using a huge stock of cash chasing all other markets out there, like a toothless old tiger trying to chase a herd of spry young gazelles and catching none of them.

Like Microsoft.

Hey, Apple is chasing driverless cars, I hear. And AI. Good luck to them.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry. I have no idea what that means.
It means there is no such thing as innovation if it doesn’t work quite right. Surely I’m not the only one saying this.

Okay, so Apple steals what's useful, even if it takes them years.
Such offensive wording
But we're approaching saturation with smartphones, according to a very wise analyst, and she has the charts to prove it. This means it's 2007 all over again, and Apple must do more to maintain position than copy Samsung.
You are aware that you sound extremely biased and prejudiced?
Show us what we didn't realize we needed all over again. That's the challenge. Otherwise they're flailing, using a huge stock of cash chasing all other markets out there, like a toothless old tiger trying to chase a herd of spry young gazelles and catching none of them.
I love the analogy. Only time will tell which one Apple is, a spry young gazelle or a toothless old tiger.
Hey, Apple is chasing driverless cars, I hear. And AI.
That is only two examples of stuff they have made public.
There are many other projects in their subbasement going on that we don’t know of until the time is right.
Like with everything in life, timing is extremely important.

kjung7

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Im not using a screen protector. Screen is free of any deep scratches, but I have micro scratches visible under bright lights. They don't affect my viewing experience so I don't mind them. As for the rest of the phone I managed to get a chip on the top right corner of my phone, which is weird since it's been in a case. I'm guessing it happened while I was taking off my case.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Im not using a screen protector. Screen is free of any deep scratches, but I have micro scratches visible under bright lights. They don't affect my viewing experience so I don't mind them. As for the rest of the phone I managed to get a chip on the top right corner of my phone, which is weird since it's been in a case. I'm guessing it happened while I was taking off my case.

Don't you just hate it when stuff like that happens. You try to protect it as best you can and still end up with some odd damage. Same happened with my Pixel. Still way less damage then without a case though, so I will keep using them.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't hurt to have a tempered glass screen protector on

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77