iPhone 7 Durability

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Quick question for all the iPhone 7 owners out there. How has the durability of your device been? Any scratches or dents? Or do you prefer to 'case up' your phone?

Sound off, let me know!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
i have to case up my phone- Two reasons- First reason- protection- things happen- I was handing a friend my phone the other day and she dropped it- went face down on the concrete... Thank you apple case- not a scratch... Second reason- its all about accessorizing- I like all the colors...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I had the iPhone 7, it held up well without me encasing it or even covering the screen with a screen protector. The same is true with respect to my iPhone 7 Plus.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
When I had the iPhone 7, it held up well without me encasing it or even covering the screen with a screen protector. The same is true with respect to my iPhone 7 Plus.

I hate cases but I always use a cheap glass screen protector since the screen breaks easily...I've had that experience ;)

Cheers

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Within 2 hours upon receiving my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold I went to the Apple Store and bought a case and had a screen protector placed on it. Up until this one I never had any protection on my phones but somehow this one feels more precious to me. Maybe because this is my very first Plus sized iPhone ever.

user00098

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I just got the jet black 7 and have been going case-less so far. I didn't use a case on the 6 it replaces, but I am concerned about the micro abrasions. The way I see it though there's no way to really avoid them. If I put a case on dirt between the case and phone will cause them. If I don't use a case anything can cause them. I just have to accept that this phone will soon be scratched up.
I'm more concerned with the dropping aspect; the day before moving to the 7 I dropped my 6 corner first on the street after taking a picture. It wasn't as damaged as I anticipated it would be, but if that were the jet black I assume it would look much worse. I do not look forward to that day.
Anyway, I've only had my 7 a few days and so far so good. The 6 was case-less for 2 years and was in ok condition. A small crack in the corner of the screen, scuffs and dings around the body, but being able to hold the phone and not a brick with the phone inside is much preferred to me.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I just got the jet black 7 and have been going case-less so far. I didn't use a case on the 6 it replaces, but I am concerned about the micro abrasions. The way I see it though there's no way to really avoid them. If I put a case on dirt between the case and phone will cause them. If I don't use a case anything can cause them. I just have to accept that this phone will soon be scratched up.
I'm more concerned with the dropping aspect; the day before moving to the 7 I dropped my 6 corner first on the street after taking a picture. It wasn't as damaged as I anticipated it would be, but if that were the jet black I assume it would look much worse. I do not look forward to that day.
Anyway, I've only had my 7 a few days and so far so good. The 6 was case-less for 2 years and was in ok condition. A small crack in the corner of the screen, scuffs and dings around the body, but being able to hold the phone and not a brick with the phone inside is much preferred to me.

I also never use a case, just a cheap glass screen protector. We only live once! hehe

Cheers

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Well don't know if you are really needing an opinion from someone with the actual 7, but I have the 7 Plus and I had to put a case on. It feels a bit slippery without the case and I was absolutely scared of dropping it (I dropped my old 5S just once without a case and it was enough to crack the corner of the glass, not the display fortunately). So for me is case + tempered glass all the way

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Wouldn't it be neat if the case was actually coated in a thin rubber (grippy) layer? Or would that be too weird?

Yeah that would be kinda cool! Even though I really like the feel of the silicone case from Apple... it's grippy enough for it not to slip easily and doesn't add too much bulk

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I didn't even open my phone until I had a case and screen protector on my phone. As for it holding up, I take my phone out of the case every few weeks and make sure it is not wearing. So far it still looks like it just came out of the box. I have a JB 7 Plus.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I didn't even open my phone until I had a case and screen protector on my phone. As for it holding up, I take my phone out of the case every few weeks and make sure it is not wearing. So far it still looks like it just came out of the box. I have a JB 7 Plus.

I think cases hide the great design they were made to show. But I understand why you use them ;)

Cheers

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I think cases hide the great design they were made to show. But I understand why you use them ;)

Cheers

I don't disagree with you at all. I would love to show my phone off. I do have a clear case coming for just that reason. I like to protect my phone though considering the money I have invested in it. :yes:

Pcmx

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Clear tpu on my 6s so it can be seen. I know it's not a 7 but I'd guess they'd be similar and it's been very durable.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Clear tpu on my 6s so it can be seen. I know it's not a 7 but I'd guess they'd be similar and it's been very durable.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
Yeah, clear TPU Case is the most I can bear. But I prefer naked.

Cheers

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I scratched my screen in my purse so now a spigen glass protector. It was only 7.99 for 2 and it's the clearest glass protector I've ever used.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen