iPhone 5s not charging if battery fully drained

Chooy999

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

my iPhone 5s charges normally if the battery is not drained. However, if the battery is fully drained to zero the phone will not charge, which the only way to turn the phone on is by replacing the battery every time the battery gets drained to zero.

- i've replaced the battery, issue still persists
- replaced charging connectors, issue still persists
- took it to a repair shop to try fixing the issue and said that there is no detailed schematic diagram for iPhone 5s yet released and the best solution is to find logic board replacement.

your help is appreciated.

thanks.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

my iPhone 5s charges normally if the battery is not drained. However, if the battery is fully drained to zero the phone will not charge, which the only way to turn the phone on is by replacing the battery every time the battery gets drained to zero.

- i've replaced the battery, issue still persists
- replaced charging connectors, issue still persists
- took it to a repair shop to try fixing the issue and said that there is no detailed schematic diagram for iPhone 5s yet released and the best solution is to find logic board replacement.

your help is appreciated.

thanks.

Honestly I would go to the Apple store. I would do that instead of attempting having anyone replace a logic board.

kb1234

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I would have gone to the apple store instead of replacing the battery myself. Sorry bud hope you get that figured out

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I would have gone to the apple store instead of replacing the battery myself. Sorry bud hope you get that figured out

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Agreed, there is definitely something wrong with the OP's phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
The last time this happened to my wife's iPad mini, what I did was a Hard Reset by holding the Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, while connected to the charger.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I had to do a hard reset on mine once ( just like veritas_vincit described) because it completely ran out of juice and shut itself off. Then when I plugged it in it didn't appear to be charging, although I was being pretty impatient and might have just needed to give it a few minutes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2