iphone 5c with black screen....when i plug it in, it only vibrates every few seconds

I

iMore Question

Hi, my Iphone 5c wont turn back on. I was hanging out with my friends and I took out my phone and it was black. You could tell it was still on because it was like a lit black, I tried just pressing the on/off button. Then just pressing down the home button by its self to see if I got any response, and I did, from Siri. Once I could even hear myself trying to type in my password. Then I tried to do what everybody says to do, hold the home button 10 sec, then the on/off button at the same time till the apple appeared. I got it to do something, but not what I wanted it to do, about 20 green lines appeared looking like something on a barcode app. It was there for about 6 seconds, then it just went black! Now it won't turn on! The mute switch wont even make a sound when I switch it on and off! The only thing it does is change whether my phone makes a dinging sound or repeated vibrations while plugged into my charger, and I know its plugged in because the charger is lit up red (I have a charged that lights up when it's charging something). What sucks even more is that my phone hasn't been backed up by the cloud in a bout 11 weeks because it was full. Can someone please help!!!! Plus I have over 1,000 photos on there that I would really like to save! Somebody PLEASE HELPPP!!!!!!!!

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I had a similar issue with my 5c this AM. It got stuck on the setting screen. The home button would not take me to the home screen and pressing and holding the top button would not initiate a reboot. I could use Siri but it couldn't open any apps, and I couldn't answer calls. All locked up otherwise. My screen was blacked out, and eventually Siri quit working.

Here's what I did, try this:

Plug your iphone into your computer via the USB cable, and as you open iTunes, press and hold both the top sleep button and the home screen button. When you see the Apple logo, release the top button, and then the home button. Supposedly this is some kind of way to access the iphone for software or something. I think that's the order I did.

Anyway, I did this and it forced a reboot on my phone. Then it booted up normally. Nothing was erased for me. I had a recent full backup just in case.

Let me know if that works.

Here's something se you can try: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

To be honest I just plugged my phone in while holding the two buttons, opened iTunes, kept holding both, and then when i saw the Apple I let go of both. I'm not sure if I released one button or the other first. Just try.

Last edited:

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to add, I have no idea if this will erase your data. I just know it didn't for me. My phone rebooted with everything in tact.

dean_r_ashmore

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
As said above you need to plug into iTunes and hold lock and home button until apple logo appears then let go of lock screen and keep hold of home button. This will put it into dfu mode. Restore your phone via iTunes. If u have icloud on then u can simply restore from last back up which will be when it was plugged in on wifi. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickkLDN

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I did the reboot thing but my screen is still black! apple logo doesnt even appear but it is recognized on my itunes, what should i do?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77