iPhone 5 = Fashion Statement

kennethkilo

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone feel the same way?
I think it's just so much sexier than the Note 2.
I'm switching from the Note 2 despite all its great functions + pro-work abilities.
Cause I get to use it with my element case teehee so excited. It's so sexy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm switching from the Note 2 despite all its great functions + pro-work abilities.

I respectfully disagree with the notion of purchasing a smartphone solely because it could be a fashion statement. :) Having said that, do I think the iPhone 5 is a great looking device? Yes, I do, but I also feel the same way about the 4, the 4S and several non-Apple smartphones.

kennethkilo

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol the Note 2's plastic is creaky, pisses me right off. Element case + iPhone 5 sooo slick and nice. I feel prettier with it already :O. I am too materialistic ;(

shampz

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

I just gave up my note2 for a shiny black iphone5. I know exactly what you are trying to imply here.

The only thing i miss is the note 2's monster battery backup. No matter what i did. It had around 40% juice by the end of the day. I normally drain my iphone to 3-4% towards the end of the day. But i love it more than the Note2 for sure.

Cheers!!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I would say the only thing sexier than the ip5 is the original iPhone emergerd that thing still gets me going haha.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm an iPhone 5 user but....

Nexus 4 > everything in the biz.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

I would have to disagree with that. I wouldn't regard the Nexus 4 as the best Android device. And I really don't see what makes it better than the iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I would have to disagree with that. I wouldn't regard the Nexus 4 as the best Android device. And I really don't see what makes it better than the iPhone 5.

We are talking about looks, but if you want to go with specs
It is easily in the top 3 if not the best, the only other phone that has better specs than the nexus 4 is the the galaxy note 2. way better than the S3 and half the price.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
We are talking about looks, but if you want to go with specs
It is easily in the top 3 if not the best, the only other phone that has better specs than the nexus 4 is the the galaxy note 2. way better than the S3 and half the price.

Droid DNA
One X+

These also have better specs than the Nexus 4 in my opinion. And if you are speaking purely on looks, I don't see what makes the Nexus 4 so appealing over other phones.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
We're not going on specs, and this is NOT another iPhone v Android thread.

The iPhone 5 is a beautifully made device. Anyone who appreciates design would appreciate the iPhone 5 and the premium materials used to make it. I really haven't seem anything out there that would rival it. I do like the design of the DNA. Someone mentioned the Nexus 4 beats everything. From the front, the 4 is nothing spectacular. The phone isn't the thinnest. So I'm not sure why it would be regarding as better than anything out there.

To answer the OP's question, I do think a phone can be a fashion statement and I think the iPhone has been that since the beginning.

jefftam68

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Companies spend a lot of time designing their phone to look 'sexy'. You can't deny that the iP is a good looking device and it it looked like plastic cr@p you wouldn't see so many of them out there. Today's cell phone is as much of a fashion statement as the pair of pants you choose to wear. If you just want functionality, buy your jeans from Walmart. If you want something that makes a statement, then you'll spend more. Both will keep your legs warm.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I personally think the Lumia 920 is a nicer "looking" phone than my iPhone 5...then again, that's literally the first time I have ever thought of the phone's in such a way, and in no way represents which phone i would prefer.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I use my device for work and some play, but I beat the heck out of it. Yes fancy by design, but overall very very functional and I think that is what matter in today's world... Something that works and does things well.

x I'm tc

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I think iPhones are typically not known for looking good, and the 5 is really rather hideous. It is weird proportions and looks "cheap." Indeed, all Apple products are kind of "ugly-chic," especially Macbooks with their out-of-the-eightees case colors, dark chiclet keys, and stupid glowing Apple logo on the back.

But they *do* make a statement. They are "distinct." Just not exactly attractive.

And definitely not sexy. It's a phone. If you think your phone is sexy, you're holding it wrong.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77