Iphone 4s music "Album" icon

Adge the Badge

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded around 25 music albums some via cd and a couple from i tunes onto the phone via my PC. I have also downloaded 1 album directly from itunes to the iPhone

if i select the "artists" icon in music then all artists display and if I click on an artist i can see the underlying albums.

However, if I click the "album" icon - it shows only 1 album (being the only one I downloaded direct from itunes onto the phone - eg not via my pc)

Is there any way to get the album icon to show all the downloaded albums?

Many thanks

Adge the Badge

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks for your response
forgive me but I am not familar with the jargon. what deos reset mean / do and what buttons do I need to press.
many thanks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To reset...hold down the home (round button) and power (top button) for several seconds until it turns off (or you can do it the normal way and hold down power and slide the power off slider on the screen).

Just out of curiosity, the albums you imported from your PC that are not showing up (as you explained), if you go into your music library on your computer (the computer where they were imported from), are the albums defined on said songs? This would explain why they are not listed under albums, and iTunes will still allow music that doesn't have the various defined fields filled in to go onto your iPhone/iPod.

For instance, if the "artist" field is left blank, the music will still show up in the "songs" category, but it will not show up under "artist" or it will fill in under "unknown" sometimes.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, the albums you imported from your PC that are not showing up (as you explained), if you go into your music library on your computer (the computer where they were imported from), are the albums defined on said songs? This would explain why they are not listed under albums, and iTunes will still allow music that doesn't have the various defined fields filled in to go onto your iPhone/iPod.

For instance, if the "artist" field is left blank, the music will still show up in the "songs" category, but it will not show up under "artist" or it will fill in under "unknown" sometimes.

Exactly... the iPhone can only display and present you the music as tagged in iTunes so if it is all messed up or incorrect this is what will happen. And since you state it is only with the music you ripped from CDs into iTunes, I suspect this is the problem. So find that music in iTunes and start right clicking and choosing "get info" and fixing the tags. Whenever I rip a CD I double-check the tagging before importing to make sure it is accurate and fix any missing info.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2