• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPhone 16 /16 Pro Models

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To those of you who have already received your new iPhone 16, iPhone 16 Plus, iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max, how do you like it?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Seems a lot of users are impressed with the new iPhones. Especially Android users switching to the iPhone.

This is from one of the largest Samsung fanboys on X, and he just switched to the new iPhone 16 pro max He can’t get over how smooth and premium the iPhone is. 🤣

85d7dfce6138412345405cb3c8738639.png

0bc49e3e426ef5b200a3744a220e279d.png

Reactions: Just_Me_D and A_M_W

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have not played much but it feels really smooth and fresh. The size is definitely taking a bit of an adjustment. Went from a fourteen pro to sixteen pro max. Due to the size, Apple should make it so more icons can show on the Home Screen. The 4 rows on such a large screen is kind of weird.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not played much but it feels really smooth and fresh. The size is definitely taking a bit of an adjustment. Went from a fourteen pro to sixteen pro max. Due to the size, Apple should make it so more icons can show on the Home Screen. The 4 rows on such a large screen is kind of weird.

Good morning Nikki, and congratulations on getting your new toy. What color did you end up getting?

Reactions: nikkisharif

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
Got my 16 Pro Max yesterday, it’s all set up and running really smoothly now.

The size is taking a bit of getting used to, coming from an 11 Pro which is pretty small!

The keyboard is only slightly bigger but is making a huge difference to my typing accuracy.

The only drawbacks I’ve encountered so far is that some apps, like the imore forum dedicated app are no longer available so I’m having to get used to using tapatalk directly, with it’s annoying advertising, a small price to pay though.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The size is taking a bit of getting used to, coming from an 11 Pro which is pretty small!

The keyboard is only slightly bigger but is making a huge difference to my typing accuracy.

The only drawbacks I’ve encountered so far is that some apps, like the imore forum dedicated app are no longer available so I’m having to get used to using tapatalk directly, with it’s annoying advertising, a small price to pay though.

Congratulations on getting your new iPhone. What color did you get?

Reactions: m3ach

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

11 pro to a 16 pro max, thats quite the level up.
Enjoy it in good health

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, it’s a bit of a culture shock, the 11 Pro was very pocketable, the 16 Pro Max not so much.

When I got the 11 Pro I was installing kitchens and bathrooms but am now retired so the larger size shouldn’t impact me as much.

You are going to love the larger screen and battery.

Retirement isn’t so bad, Welcome to the club.

Reactions: m3ach

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Good morning Nikki, and congratulations on getting your new toy. What color did you end up getting?

Good Evening! I went with Desert since its so similar to the gold XS I had. I love it. Only issue I found was in spotlight search where the screen flickers when trying to search anything that starts with an s. It seems others are having the same issue. I reported it through the feedback app so hopefully there will be a fix soon.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Congrats, seems so many are transitioning form the regular pro to the pro max.

Regarding the icons, perhaps Apple will offer something with iOS 19 next year.

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site

One of the biggest reasons for me, apart from my failing eyesight, is battery life.

Not really sure at the moment how much better it’s going to be as I need the phone to settle in for a few days yet.

I like to keep my battery between 20 or preferably 25% and 80% to prevent it ageing too quickly.

As a demonstration of how well this works for me, my 11 Pro is 4 and a half years old and is still showing battery capacity as 100%.

I have set the 16 Pro Max to not charge above 80% in the settings which will make life easier, I had an automation to tell me when the battery was at 80% on the 11 Pro which worked well but of course I needed to take it off charge at that point or it would just continue to charge to 100%.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!! I noticed that too. These 46 year old eyes appreciates the larger screen so much LOL

iOS 19 would be perfect for an update. I got my fingers crossed!

Reactions: FFR and m3ach

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok