iPad getting the wrong text messages

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Ok this one has me a little stumped. My friend just got an iPhone (11 Max) from her work, she also has a personal phone, iPhone (not sure which), that she will soon give up. She also has an iPad. All 3 are on the same Apple ID. Right now the iPad gets text messages from the personal phone only. ASAP or at least once the personal phone goes away, she wants the work phone texts to go to the iPad. How can I make this happen for her? Will it just happen when the old phone goes away? Is there a setting I need to tweak?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I assume the iPad is Wi-Fi only. Since you stated that all three devices are configured with the same Apple ID, go to the Message settings on them and check to see if the information under the “Send & Receive” section is the same. Since only one phone number can be used, make sure that the same Apple ID is selected on all three devices.

Note: The iPad (Wi-Fi only model) does not receive SMS messages.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I assume the iPad is Wi-Fi only. Since you stated that all three devices are configured with the same Apple ID, go to the Message settings on them and check to see if the information under the “Send & Receive” section is the same. Since only one phone number can be used, make sure that the same Apple ID is selected on all three devices.

Note: The iPad (Wi-Fi only model) does not receive SMS messages.

Curiously my iPad gen 5 wifi only,seems to get text messages from sources that I know have Android phones does this mean they are coming in via my iPhone XS then ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Curiously my iPad gen 5 wifi only,seems to get text messages from sources that I know have Android phones does this mean they are coming in via my iPhone XS then ?

Yes sir. Continuity allows for that. If your iPhone isn’t connected to the same network then the sms messages should not get through to your iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2