IPad Air 2 Bent

jschu22

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm not surprised at all that they didn't replace it. Device won't bend on its own means it was caused by the end user, no replacement. If they did, awesome, and Apple is frequently awesome but we can't always get that.

Take care of your ****, people.

Leonard Sim

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
On my way to work yesterday, i decided to read a few documents on the train ride into Manhattan. I pulled out my iPad Air 2, began to read my book and noticed the screen did not feel like normal. Upon further inspection, my 3 month old iPad Air 2 has a shallow "C" curve with the top and bottom end flaring away from the screen. Pictures will follow.

Has anyone else witnessed this before?

--steven

Hi Steven, i own the lifeproof nuud for my ipad air 2 and I just had it for 4 months.

And I just realised that the ipad air 2 also has a slight bend due to the lifeproof.

I don't know if the cover is meant to be this way or not. But I think it's possible to get a new ipad if you still have the 1 year warranty for your ipad.

Maybe it's because the air 2 is slimmer that's why this happens. Might go to the apple store to get a replacement if it's possible.

Leonard

Paul Frasier

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
My ipad air 2 also developed a curve without ever having been dropped or damaged. The apple forums suggest it is due to a defective battery which overheats and expands. The pressure of its expansion is enough to warp the casing. Some stores will offer a replacement while others will just accuse you of damaging it. There is no consistent Apple policy to what is being revealed is an apparent manufacturers defect.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Meh. I go caseless half the time and carry my iPhone 6 Plus in my back pocket most of the time. Mine isn't bent.

I use the minimalist Black Apple Leather Case and I carry my 6Plus in my back pocket as well, with no bending/warping issues at all, however my clothing is loose fitting except for one pair of jeans that I don't wear anymore...SMILE

Malachy Taaffe

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I called back to Apple Store just now with my bent IPADair
They wouldn't cover it even though it's still wishin the warranty period. Said it was physical damage which implied I had dropped it or sat on it so basically TOUGH
Really annoyed as had done nothing to cause this to happen

creinheimer

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
There is no way these devices should bend under normal wear and tear. Apple has made an engineering flaw and they should replace it, after all they are sitting on $100 billion surplus. They don't like to admit when their products have flaws.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Here is the thing... When you are talking about a device like this, the only way to bend it is either it came that way and nobody noticed, or it took a lot of pressure to bend it.

That's the downside of making phones thinner and putting aesthetics over structural integrity. The iPhone 6 suffered from it, as does one of the new Nexus phones.

It's easy to see how it can happen to a phone, because we all toss them in a pocket and sit down or something... But a tablet?

If it wasn't you, then someone else either sat on it or stepped on it, maybe without realizing it was in the bag, or under a magazine or something... That's the only way this could happen, and the person at the Apple store is likely gonna know this. If it wasn't a bad unit that slipped through QC, then someone had to have accidentally done this to your iPad. Sucks.

mikeroymorris

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
There may be a lifeproof case connection here. My wife and I both got iPad Air 2s at the same time. She treats hers much more carelessly than I do mine (I've replaced the glass on here twice already), but she hates the lifeproof cases. I have always used them, but pulled my iPad out of the case last week after I noticed condensation in the case (I live in a high humidity area, but it had not gone for a swim) and realized that it somehow got bent in the case, which I put on out within hours of taking delivery of the iPad, and certainly before it got bent.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just noticed mine has this curve too. It's always been kept in the Apple leather case. And no I haven't sat on it or it doesn't fit in my pocket. I don't ever set anything on it. Must be a defect. I won't do anything about it but if I do, I'm protected with AC+. I'm sure I'll leave it alone.

anon(124566)

May 3, 2013
Visit site
i gave up on going to to apple store after try 3. I pretty sure it's in their service notes as crazy bent iPad guy. I reasoned with one genius the last time and he tried his hardest to get it switched but the manager wasn't having it. He called over 2 other genius to take a lot at it. Maybe I have to go to a non-NYC apple store to get tender care.

LeoWal1

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, it's gotten a bit better after putting it on a flat surface and pressing down on the bent bit. I'm going to try putting heavy books on it tonight to see if it goes back to normal. I'll post again if it does.:waiting:

bertb2008

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I have the new iPad pro 12.9 and I'm on my 2nd iPad pro now with the same fault i take really good care of my items and have kept it in a apple case all of its time.

the first iPad bent after 4 hours i took it out the box went out come back it was bent took it back to retailer and there swapped it now my 2nd one and thats bent after 5 month :mad: took it back to my retailer there sent it for a repair with there knowhow team and there said i do it my self so i phoned trading standers and there said ask the retailer to prove i have done it and there cant prove i did it so i phone trading standers back and there said open a charge back with the bank and open a case with trading standers and you mite get your money back or it will go to court

thats my story so far

Lillykat1

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I took my iPad Air 2 to Verizon and traded in for a iPad Pro. I noticed its bent in the middle when he lay it on the table. They still gave me top price for it but I did notice it was bent.

kearnesm

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
On my way to work yesterday, i decided to read a few documents on the train ride into Manhattan. I pulled out my iPad Air 2, began to read my book and noticed the screen did not feel like normal. Upon further inspection, my 3 month old iPad Air 2 has a shallow "C" curve with the top and bottom end flaring away from the screen. Pictures will follow.

Has anyone else witnessed this before?

--steven
Hi Steven,
Yes my iPad air 2 is only 9months old and has warped. Apple and Domayne told me its our fault. IPad has always been in a Griffin Survivor case and doesn't have a crack or scratch on OT but because Apple won't admit fault they refuse to replace. I'm back at Domayne where I bought it from and trying to have it replaced with THEIR customer guarantee. Not happy and will NEVER EVER spend another cent on an apple product again. Mainly based on the way we have been treated by their staff and how much of a scam their product warranty is. My son is 7 and they are trying to say he bent it deliberately.. Worst service and product EVER!

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I keep my devices in cases. Hard shell with silicon. Not easy to bend that way. My Air 2 is still in good shape. I do keep it in a packed backpack though and will be mindful of it since this topic was brought up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77