ipad 3 64gb will not respond to tunes....help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stopyawning

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
hi all,
now where shall I start...i have 2 ipad 3's, 1 16gb which is fine and a 64gb which for some reason decided to show the itunes logo along with the cable. I connected up to itunes and nothing happened just a bleep to acknowledge connection to laptop. along with this i was unable to update the software and also back up before the ipad played up. I have tried several methods to restore the ipad even looked at numerous websites and followed the correct procedure for rebooting and all i got was the progress bar moving 3mm along and that was that for the next 12 hours. i crossed referenced the 16gb ipad to rule out whether it was my laptop and surprise it connected and backed up without any hassle.
the error codes i get are random 14, 2000.

if someone can help it would be appreciated, i am so desperate now especially as ive lost some irreplacable photos and work information which couldnt be backed up

regards

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore!

It is odd to read that your iPad has gone to recovery mode out of the blue. Did you jailbreak it? sometimes some jb tweaks or apps could cause that
Anyway, try entering to DFU mode and restore it, here is a link that can help you with that --> [GUIDE] How to Put Device in DFU Mode and Restore it - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
When entering dfu iTunes will (or should) tell you it detected a device in recovery mode and then let you restore it. Maybe you can restore from your latest back up (if you backed it up recently) l hope this helps :) .

stopyawning

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for the advice i will defo try that tomorrow. I have not jailbroke the ipad..as for apps the only app i downloaded which therafter possible it may of started from there was protect my bubble. I will try to put it in dfu mode and see what happens..thanks will keep u posted

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for the advice i will defo try that tomorrow. I have not jailbroke the ipad..as for apps the only app i downloaded which therafter possible it may of started from there was protect my bubble. I will try to put it in dfu mode and see what happens..thanks will keep u posted
Good luck and I am glads you did not JB your iPad. Let us know as you said what happens. We are here to help you.

stopyawning

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
hi, i only just had a chance to try now your advice, after several attempts it still has not worked, i got a feeling this ipad is dead!!!... ive read up on many forums and they all indicate the same methods you suggested. I spoke with someone at a apple store and he seemed unsure what to do either except leave it with them for 14 days not to mention pay a fee as it is out of warranty. i decded not yet to pay as yet simply as i wanted to read up more on this issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii28