iPad 2 - strange (software bug?) problem with lock-screen button

KamikazeSkunk

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I FIGURED IT OUT!

So after working on an ipad 2, in which I did replace the digitizer on. I also accidentally ripped the wifi cable when removing it (although I was really careful around that area, and have never ripped it before.) I also had the problem with the ipads sleep/wake function not working after the repair, and the accessibility option/magnet wasn't working either. After spending 3 hours last night researching, and NO option to disable the smart function in settings (iOS8) I ended up empty handed, and with no clue as to why this was happening. BUT the next day I tried this and it worked:

I thought I'd try new power button, so I took the flex, and was just going to plug it in (leaving the old one installed) just to see if that was the problem. There is a piece of tape covering the connection that I was working on pulling off when the connection itself started to come up with it, and (woops I forgot to turn the ipad off, rookie mistake) I heard the locking noise when this happened. So instead of removing it and the tape, I just reseated that connection, put everything back together, and BAM. It was working! This was interesting to me, because I didn't touch anything near this connection, unless it happened during pulling the glass off, but the flex looked completely fine and untouched.

Long story short: On the right side where the flex for the power/volume/mute is plugged in, try reseating that connection and see if it works, it worked for me!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien