iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I found a solution that isn't "just nuke everything and reinstall, hoping it doesn't happen again."

This is what I did.
1. Turn off wi-fi sync (this may not be necessary).
2. On the iDevice (mine is an iPad) go Settings - General - iTunes WiFi Sync
3. Sync with USB cable. Watch the status on the iDevice.
4. I discovered that for some bizarre reason, it was trying to install Pages even though it was already installed and running fine with the latest update on my iPad.
5. Delete and reinstall Pages from the iDevice's App Store.
6. Initiate a backup via iTunes on my Mac, including transferring apps/other purchases that aren't on the Mac. (This may not be necessary, but likely is).

That fixed it. The key was to have settings up and running before sync'ing so I could see which app was crashing the sync. Note that the Pages warning message was replaced with the annoyingly unhelpful "preparing for sync" message that iTunes displayed. Also, the iDevice status has more info than iTunes does.

I just seen this, and will try it in a bit.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
that didn't work for me, but when I plugged in my iphone I got an error message about USB 3.0. I plugged the phone into a USB 2.0 port and it synced. I hope this is it.

mattrock2003

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution for this? I was hoping for a solution with 7.1.1. I've been having this issue for months now. I love using iTunes for rearranging my music in my playlists. When I do this and try to sync, it never makes the changes that I made. I've restored the phone and I've just deleted music off the phone and reinstalled it. It will take the changes to the playlist however now not all of my album art is visible. It's extremely frustrating to have to restore my phone or delete all my music every time when this use to work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien