iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

petec2010

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
iOS4 playing tracks in order

Same problem on my iPhone 3GS. Took me ages to find the problem. In the end i searched the iOS4 user manual for "shuffle" and found an answer for the iPhone.

"From the Now Playing screen, tap the album cover.
The repeat, Genius, and shuffle controls appear along with the scrubber bar..."

This was set to shuffle songs!!!! I set it to play in order and all now works.
Hope same works for you.

Pete

WOW. 34 pages and not one other person has this issue... hopefully that means I am missing something...

iPod Touch, 32GB, 3rd Generation, 3.1.3 -> iOS4

Music: Songs do not play in album order. They will ONLY play in random order. There is a greyed out "shuffle" button when viewing an album's song list... pressing it will cause the album to be played in random order. NOT pressing it and just using the PLAY button does the same thing. There seems to be NO way to just hear the songs in order. I checked in Settings, nothing there.

I stopped Music from the little hidden window when you double click the Home button, rebooted and nothing. It is driving me crazy. I have an album I just want to listen to from beginning to end, in order and that ability is just gone.

How do you get an album to just play in the regular song order of the album?

I even tried making a playlist and adding only the album songs. Hitting play still plays the songs in random order the same as if using the shuffle button.

Shake to shuffle is turned OFF. I can not find any other place where there is a box checked that says "Always play in shuffle mode". It's annoying enough that I would gladly go back to 3.13 if that was possible. There are no real benefits that I would choose over just being able to listen to an album NOT shuffled.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
All went well with my conversion to IOS4 until I tried to send an email. No parameters were changed, but I keep getting "The sender address email address was rejected by the server.

This does not happen with other email accounts on the same server.

toGeorge,

did you find a solution to this problem. My 4 worked fine in the begining then I had to restore / rebuild then re sync and now I get your problem.

I also get this on my 3gs that I did a RESET via the setting /general / reset way to clear all my data.

each phone has it's own e-maill account but it is on the same server.

I can get incoming mail just fine. It just wont' send and like you my settings havent changed.

BrandonB

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Ringer volume adjustment

I noticed this for the first time yesterday, I wanted to adjust the volume of the ringer but I was not able to do so. I did what I would normally do while viewing the home screen, and pressing the plus and then minus button on the side of the phone. This displayed on the screen the normal popup image of the speaker and volume indicators. But it was missing the "ringer" title at the top of the popup image. The same popup you get when in an app. The volume of the phone changed but the ringer did not. I proceeded to make adjustments in the settings, but ultimately had to restart phone. Wondering if this has something to with the multi-tasking of a recently used app. Has anyone else noticed this?

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
All went well with my conversion to IOS4 until I tried to send an email. No parameters were changed, but I keep getting "The sender address email address was rejected by the server.

This does not happen with other email accounts on the same server.

toGeorge, the new OS version requires both an outgoing and Incomcing password and user name. Previously the one did the trick.

I updated both incoming and outgoing with the same pass code and it works now.

sharky2006

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I have 3gs and posted on the previous page with some issues and today I got a no sim inserted message and reception issues... and was lagging... any suggestions?

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Is there any way to disable the multi-tasking feature of iOS4? My 3GS is so laggy in performance now that I made the update. I don't even use the multi-task feature, and have to go in just to close out all the apps so that the phone doesn't lag so much. This OS is not really good on the 3GS IMO.

R-y-a-n

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 3GS 4.0 update--music issue

HELP!! Maybe this is already in another thread but I'm not taking hours to go through all of it...
Problem with my IPhone 3GS after installing 4.0. The ?songs? in the Ipod have disappeared. All the Artists are still there but in order for me to listen to all my music on shuffle, I need to run the songs list and press all songs then shuffle. With nothing in my songs list this is impossible. I can only click on one artist at a time and shuffle through all of their songs only. This is frustrating as I depend on my music every morning going into work on the bus! Is there an easy solution?
Thanks

Alinka

Jul 16, 2010
agilescreensavers.com
Problem with mail

I got a problem with mail app: messages in all my mail boxes (except gmail) became UNREAD and were redownloaded from server. I see this problem twice during two weeks.
Whats happening? Anybody have the same?

-------------------------------------------------------
iNvasions game is just released

cognisense

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
bizarre date-time bug

The most bizarre bug I have seen: my iPod insists on turning back it's clock by 6 days, 9 hrs & 18 min. No kidding. Every time I set it's clock (using the Settings app -> General -> Date & Time) and exit the Settings app, all is well. *Then, magically and ever so irritatingly, something causes the time to be retarded by 6 days and a bit. The exact amount of hours and minutes is variable over the course of a dozen trials, but the number of days (roughly 6 1/2) is consistent.*

I am not sure what is causing this. I am not attaching my iPod to my pc, so the problem is definitely local to the iPod. The bug occurs regardless of whether or not I am connected to a wifi signal.*

I have noticed this occurring after running the Settings app, but others cause the bug as well. One way for sure to recreate the problem is to set the clock, exit to the home page, and then go right back into the General section of the Settings app. As soon as I enter this section, the clock screws up.

Any ideas???

Another bug comes from the Photos app. *Sometimes, after viewing a single photo from an album, the app's navigation gestures cease to function. The only way to regain control is to press the Home button and relaunch Photos.

Yet another is in Stanza. Upon launching the app, it erroneously returns to the final page of my last read book - instead of the current page of the Now Reading book. This bug doesn't occur every time, but maybe 1 in 4.

Bottom line - there are so many reported ios4 bugs that I have decided to revert to 3.1.3.

Easy enough, right?

Well, not so. My pc only has the .ipsw image for 4.0, and all of the links I've found on the web for iPod1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw all result in 404s. Arrrgh!

Does anyone have an .ipsw image for 3.1.3 that they would be willing to email to me - or alternatively, point me to an ftp server???

Many thanks...

sbrianw

Jun 6, 2009
twitter.com
Sometimes when I'm trying to put apps in folders, even though the folder isn't full, it won't let me put the app in the folder - it slides out from under the app as I try to drag and drop! Finally after some prodding I can get it to go into the folder.

Another issue - before I got my iPhone 4, I had updated my 3GS with iOS4. My iPod application stopped working completely. When I would open it, it would crash. Repeatedly. Finally, I sync'ed it with my macbook again, and then no more iPod crashing problem. It was the weirdest thing ever.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've only had this happen to me once but...... When I try to answer a call, the slide to unlock button sticks. I had to keep sliding my thumb across the screen multiple times before the slider finally stopped sticking and let me answer the call.

SCdudeBro

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
When taking my 16gb 3Gs out of sleep mode, sometimes the screen is a blank white. I have to re-lock it then wake up again, then it works. This is happening about once a day now. :mad:

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
My i4 just stopped showing my apps out of nowhere they were on the phone but would not show. And they were not counted in the about section it went from photos to capacity.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I've had an issue where emails just don't display body of text. A reset cures this.

Other issues just include some double tapping where first tap doesn't register that well. Some very brief freezes in safari.

We've not really received a bug fix so i'm not that concerned. I am finding it's probably best to reset (turn off and on) once in awhile.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meh