iOS 11 beta 4 changing Apple ID

etrexler

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
I had iOS 11 beta 3 and my iPad crashed during the iOS QA beta 4 update. I had to restore to iOS 10 then update again. Unfortunately, now I need to change my Apple ID on the ipad as my restore from backup used the wrong Apple ID. In settings, I can’t change my Apple ID as it forces me to add an email address prior to deleting the old Apple ID, but I cannot add a new email address.

Any ideas?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! :)

Sorry you're having problems with the backup but I'm having trouble understanding what the issue is? Never had to change my email iCloud after a backup.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I had iOS 11 beta 3 and my iPad crashed during the iOS QA beta 4 update. I had to restore to iOS 10 then update again. Unfortunately, now I need to change my Apple ID on the ipad as my restore from backup used the wrong Apple ID. In settings, I can’t change my Apple ID as it forces me to add an email address prior to deleting the old Apple ID, but I cannot add a new email address.

Any ideas?

If you don't have an IOS 11 backup, I would delete the iPad and start fresh. Not sure why you use multiple Apple ID's (or why you wouldn't mark it in the backup so you knew)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have an IOS 11 backup, I would delete the iPad and start fresh. Not sure why you use multiple Apple ID's (or why you wouldn't mark it in the backup so you knew)

Yeah if it’s just the wrong Apple ID and you need to fix that just wipe and restore the appropriate backup.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Any ideas?
I understand having multiple Apple IDs, but I don't understand how you're able to select an backup for an Apple ID/account that you're not signed into. Anyway, just do another restore.