International Calling/ Texting in Ireland w/out Wi-Fi?

evielake

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had people suggest Viber and Skype, and both seem reliable, however, I don't want to rely on having a wi-fi- connection while I'm traveling. Is there another reliable option that doesn't cost? Or - perhaps with a minumal 1 time fee?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had people suggest Viber and Skype, and both seem reliable, however, I don't want to rely on having a wi-fi- connection while I'm traveling. Is there another reliable option that doesn't cost? Or - perhaps with a minumal 1 time fee?

With an unlocked phone, you can always pick up a local SIM on pre-paid account (we used O2 when we were there in 2004)... but to be truly free, the only way to go is wifi... anything else will cost you something... or a lot, depending on what you choose.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

If you want service without wifi it's always going to cost just like here in the US .. I would just get a pre paid card when I get there at least that way it's local and your not roaming

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

brownec2

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Your best option is to stick with wifi when you're in Ireland, there are a lot of public places around the country which offer free wifi to customers or even general members of the public. Otherwise, I would go with what Fausty82 said, you can pick up a sim card easily from either O2, Meteor or Vodafone and buy pre-paid credit but making phone calls outside of Ireland can end up being very expensive.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77