Interesting time getting my iPhone X

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Before I begin to relate my story, I want to give a BIG SHOUT OUT TO Joe K. who is the manager of the Apple store at Summit Mall in Akron Ohio.

I was part of the Upgrade program and went into upgrade from the 7 Plus to the iPhone X.

Ran into trouble with AT&T not sending the confirmation code to my phone. I called AT&T and, according to them, not an issue on their end...my number was the main number on the account.

OK, Joe jumped in and after trying a bunch of things...which did nothing, because no AT&T code received, he decided to upgrade my phone as an “employee” to bypass the AT&T code registration.

After 45 minutes all was done and I went home a happy camper.

Well, then I plugged the new X into my iMac to restore from a backup that I had made earlier.

Short story is that the charging port was defective and would not connect to the computer or charge.

Went back to the Apple store Friday morning and Joe was there again and recognized me. He could not believe that the phone was defective.

OK, new hassle this time...my credit freeze after the Equifax leak cause the Citizens Bank contract to fail. So Joe and I spent another 40 minutes trying to resolve...all to no avail.

I just decided to buy the phone outright because I didn’t want to mess with the convoluted process of having the credit freeze lifted.

Joe was great and realized all of the time and trouble that I went through, sold me the iPhone X and Apple Care at a discount and threw in a Belkin wireless charging station for my trouble.

What could have been a major disaster turned into a great experience and showed me what Apple will do to “make things right”.

Thanks again Joe!

Last edited:

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
That's an amazingly good customer service. Spending time to resolve issues which were due to other agencies and taking care of the person when he came for a second problem.... That's what really differentiates amazing service from regular work.

Hats off to Joe

This is also something that differentiates Apple from other brands in US. As an Android user and enthusiast, I can't imagine any company giving such service, and I've had my fair share of trouble with Androids as well.

Erstwhile Nokia was the only other company which IMO had such great service.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is why I love Apple... Not just for their hardware/Software but for their customer service. I have had a few bad experiences before however the GREAT experiences out weigh the bad ones 5 to 1.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’ve heard stories of bad experiences with Apple, but I haven’t had any myself and love to share stories like this. It sucks you had to pay full price because AT&T screwed up, but you also got a discount and a wireless charger out of it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I’ve heard stories of bad experiences with Apple, but I haven’t had any myself and love to share stories like this. It sucks you had to pay full price because AT&T screwed up, but you also got a discount and a wireless charger out of it.

You always pay full price, regardless of how you pay.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I’ve had several good experience with Apple service too! One of them is a couple of years ago, my iPhone 4 glass broke. They said they don’t have iPhone 4 to replace it so they gave me iPhone 4S instead. My phone got upgraded with no cost!

This is exactly the reason why we pay premium price for Apple products.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
This is why I continue to use and buy Apple products. Their customer service is second to none and even though the local Apple store seems to be always crowed.

I still get great service by the folks who work there. I switched from the PC world to Mac in 2008 and never looking back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2