in need of iPhone 4s screw dimensions and locations

patti24

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I am in the midst of repairing my iPhone 4s that was exposed to water. I used a screw mat, cleaned inside, and everything was going well. I left it to dry while I went and tended my horses. I came back to find.... that my cat had jumped up onto the table and walked over the screw map...which was NOT magnetic.....and the screws were EVERYWHERE. GRRRRR.
So....I have been searching the internet for screw maps & dimensions, printed off some guides, borrowed a digital caliper and set out to measure each and every little screw. The only problem is that the sizes I am getting aren't corresponding with the ones on the sizing map that I printed out, which leads me to believe there must be a different version out there somewhere (I've measured each screw at least 5 times!). I have spent DAYS on this, trying to fix it on my own, and I REALLY need to get it done because I was hit with a major flood recently, and Insurance companies and cleaners are trying to get a hold of me! Is there ANY way you could help me out by telling me which size screw goes where???
Here is the list of the screws/measurements I have. The measurements in brackets are the measurements that I got (18 screws in total):
1- 1.33 (1.31)
1- 1.55
1- 2.45 (2.46)
3- 2.65 (2.62, 2.63, 2.62)
2- 1.50 (1.51)
1- 1.16 (1.17)
1- 1.66 (1.65)
1- 1.81
1- 2.74
2- 3.66 (pentalobe) - for outside beside the charging port I assume
2- 2.60 - these were sitting the closest to the speaker on the screw map
1- 4.8 (flathead) -has three decreasing 'step-downs' in size from top to bottom
1- 3.68 (flathead) -has a piece that is slightly flared out from under the top of the screw

Here is the link for the screw size page I was using (from ifixit) as a guide for the sizes (but as I said, they weren't really corresponding that well):
https://www.ifixit.com/Search?query=iphone+4s+screw+map

Is there any way you could provide me with this information and tell me which screws go where? (Or where I might be able to find this information?
Thank you so much for any help you can provide!
Patti

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Patti. Unfortunately I do not know the size of the iPhone 4s screws, but hopefully someone who knows will chime in. If not may I suggest calling Apple's tech dept for that information.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I am in the midst of repairing my iPhone 4s that was exposed to water. I used a screw mat, cleaned inside, and everything was going well. I left it to dry while I went and tended my horses. I came back to find.... that my cat had jumped up onto the table and walked over the screw map...which was NOT magnetic.....and the screws were EVERYWHERE. GRRRRR.
So....I have been searching the internet for screw maps & dimensions, printed off some guides, borrowed a digital caliper and set out to measure each and every little screw. The only problem is that the sizes I am getting aren't corresponding with the ones on the sizing map that I printed out, which leads me to believe there must be a different version out there somewhere (I've measured each screw at least 5 times!). I have spent DAYS on this, trying to fix it on my own, and I REALLY need to get it done because I was hit with a major flood recently, and Insurance companies and cleaners are trying to get a hold of me! Is there ANY way you could help me out by telling me which size screw goes where???
Here is the list of the screws/measurements I have. The measurements in brackets are the measurements that I got (18 screws in total):
1- 1.33 (1.31)
1- 1.55
1- 2.45 (2.46)
3- 2.65 (2.62, 2.63, 2.62)
2- 1.50 (1.51)
1- 1.16 (1.17)
1- 1.66 (1.65)
1- 1.81
1- 2.74
2- 3.66 (pentalobe) - for outside beside the charging port I assume
2- 2.60 - these were sitting the closest to the speaker on the screw map
1- 4.8 (flathead) -has three decreasing 'step-downs' in size from top to bottom
1- 3.68 (flathead) -has a piece that is slightly flared out from under the top of the screw

Here is the link for the screw size page I was using (from ifixit) as a guide for the sizes (but as I said, they weren't really corresponding that well):
https://www.ifixit.com/Search?query=iphone+4s+screw+map

Is there any way you could provide me with this information and tell me which screws go where? (Or where I might be able to find this information?
Thank you so much for any help you can provide!
Patti

Are you certain you’ve measured properly, being that you appear to be off by only a point for the most part?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77