Import Google Calendars into iCloud?

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
OK did some searching, but I'm not finding specifics for this. Maybe it's because I'm just searching the icloud forum, but anyway...

I want to import my google calendars into icloud. I recently picked up an iPad 2 (yes, love it vewy much!!) and my plan is to get an iPhone 5 in a couple weeks.

I already have my google calendars exported from GCal as .ics files, so need for an explanation there. I just can't seem to find an easy way to import them into icloud through the icloud web interface (using a windows computer). I was able to easily import contacts, but I'm not seeing that option for calendar.

What am I missing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have a Mac computer then do this:

Configure your gmail account on your iPad and use the Microsoft Exchange setup. -- m.google.com will be the server. Do this before today's end or you won't be able to use the exchange method for Google afterward. Anyway, when you're done, all you have to do is turn on Calendar & contact sync and that's it.

If you opt to not configure using the exchange method, configure gmail via the gmail setup and when your done, follow the instructions HERE.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So just to clarify, is there no way to directly import calendar an .ics file to iCloud through the web interface?

Not that I can find... it is/should be possible to import them on a computer - and then sync the computer to your iCloud...

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
Not that I can find... it is/should be possible to import them on a computer - and then sync the computer to your iCloud...

Unfortunately I'm not finding an easy way to do that on a windows machine. Looks like manual entry is the only way without a Mac. I didn't find anything on apple's support page either.

Thanks for your help though.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What do you use on your Windows computer? Outlook? Outlook Express? Google "import ics < outlook or outlook express... whichever you use >" - then use the iCloud control panel for Windows and sync the computer to iCloud...

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
What do you use on your Windows computer? Outlook? Outlook Express? Google "import ics < outlook or outlook express... whichever you use >" - then use the iCloud control panel for Windows and sync the computer to iCloud...

Using Outlook....and actually I think you've got me on the right track now. I totally knew how to import an .ics file to outlook, I just don't do it that often (or even use outlook enough) for that step to jump out at me.

And I forgot about the iCloud control panel...I remember seeing before my iPad came, but not being able to do anything with it at that point.

Ok...I'm on the right track now...outlook and iCloud finished syncing while I was typing this.

Big thanks to you guys for stirring my memory on these little steps!!!!

Eli_B

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so just a quick question about this then. I see that the last post from this thread was 1/30..and it said that exchange and gmail won't work anymore (at least that's the way I understand it).

So now I won't be able to import my gmail calendar into icloud?

The thing that confuses me here is that it syncs just fine between gmail and my iPad Mini, but it does not show up in iCloud..and yes, I have calendar sync turned on.

Am I missing any steps here..?

-Eli

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so just a quick question about this then. I see that the last post from this thread was 1/30..and it said that exchange and gmail won't work anymore (at least that's the way I understand it).
Gmail via the Microsoft Exchange setup still works as long as you had it set up that way prior to January 31, 2013, however, even those of us who do, once we change devices, we will no longer have that capability.

So now I won't be able to import my gmail calendar into icloud?
Yes, you can still import your Google calendar into your iCloud calendar. If you have a Mac computer, it is very simple. If you have a Windows computer, you may have to try some of the ways already mentioned in this thread. I'm about to logoff for the night so I won't go into details.

The thing that confuses me here is that it syncs just fine between gmail and my iPad Mini, but it does not show up in iCloud..and yes, I have calendar sync turned on.

Am I missing any steps here..?

-Eli
If you have Gmail setup on your device and its calendar enabled then yes, it will show up on your device. The default calendar app can display multiple calendar entries and has nothing to do with iCloud. For the record, unless you actually import your Google calendar into iCloud, it will not show up in iCloud and vice-versa. I hope I'm making sense to you. Anyway, I'm about about to logoff. Take care and have a great night.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you go to Google Calendar via desktop web browser, you can get to a menu where you can export your calendar, save it to your computer... then import it into your calendar on the computer... then set the computer up to sync to iCloud... forq best results, you'll only want to sync all your devices and computer(s) to just one cloud... more than one can result in multiple/duplicate events.

Tyler Torrey

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
hello i know its a little late for this but next time you need it or know someone what you need to do is go to your google calender and export it unzip it and send it in an email to your ios device and open it, it will take awhile but you'll be able to choose what calendar you want it on

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy