iMessage Removal

fnav14

Mar 31, 2019
Visit site
I received a notification stating that somebody removed something from an iMessage they sent me. How do I check exactly what it was because the notification doesn’t show all the way Because it is cut off And every time I try to click on it it doesn’t show anything. Did they delete an emoji or a reaction, a text and image? I’m not sure so if you could please help I would greatly appreciate it thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Most likely, he or she removed an attachment, but I can only assume. I’ve yet to experience something like that, but hopefully those who have will reply soon.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the never experienced it crowd as well. I imagine it was removed because it was something they didn't want you to see, and if there was a way to to see what it was, that would kinda defeat the whole purpose of removing it ...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen a notification like this. It's my understanding, once a message has been sent, the sender can only delete or remove any of it on their own device. But not on the recipient's device. There is no option to remove anything on someone else's device, once it's been sent.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen a notification like this. It's my understanding, once a message has been sent, the sender can only delete or remove any of it on their own device. But not on the recipient's device. There is no option to remove anything on someone else's device, once it's been sent.

Exactly. Welcome to iMore.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I received a notification stating that somebody removed something from an iMessage they sent me. How do I check exactly what it was because the notification doesn’t show all the way Because it is cut off And every time I try to click on it it doesn’t show anything. Did they delete an emoji or a reaction, a text and image? I’m not sure so if you could please help I would greatly appreciate it thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, but it’s a SECRET !!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2