I'm switching from Android.

Tech2011

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
I am switching from a Galaxy Note 4 (Yes, I've been holding on to this thing for a while because I've been waiting to save up for my switch to an iPhone).
Now I actually have not bought an iPhone yet because I want to wait for the new hardware that is going to be launched later this year.

I am generally pretty excited about switching because I've been getting fed up with Samsung not supporting their customers. (I paid $750 for the Note 4 when it launched and after just 2 years I stopped receiving updates of any kind, OS/features updates and security patches. That's not okay with me.)

Now I have used iOS a long time ago, but I'm not kidding when I say that it has been a long time. The last iOS device I used was an iPod Touch that was running iOS 5 (I think). So I'm sure it is fair to say iOS has changed a great deal since I have last used it. What tips do you guys have for me when I make the switch?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! You'll not only have a new hardware device, but several years of OS updates. Take it slow and easy as you learn what's what and where everything is. And always come back here to iMore with questions. That's why we're here. I can say you're in for a treat.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been using Apple products since 2008 when our company converted from PC to Mac and never looked back.

The iPhone integrates perfectly with my Mac OS desktop and the quality and warranty are second to none.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Welcome, I think I’d buy a used device on the cheap first and play with it for a while see if you like it, iOS has change quite a bit since iOS 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2