• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

If I remove sim card and reset all settings can I setup phon with my info???

I

iMore Question

The phone I have is IPhone 4s I got the phone as used and it still has the previous owners Apple ID, can I remove the sim card and reset all settings then set the phone back up with my info???

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
No, that is not possible.
Contact the previous owner and have him remove the phone from his iCloud account.
Until he does so, you're out of luck.

Last edited:

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
The phone I have is IPhone 4s I got the phone as used and it still has the previous owners Apple ID, can I remove the sim card and reset all settings then set the phone back up with my info???

SIM card has nothing to do with the data on the phone. If find my iPhone is on then you won't be able to reset.

ramirez11

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Depends on the phone. So for Iphone the best way to set it up again would be to sign out of the old apple account then upload your own apple account to load your old account. My experience with android phones is that you can upload some of the backup settings to the SIMs card so by removing it should take off some of the information.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the phone. So for Iphone the best way to set it up again would be to sign out of the old apple account then upload your own apple account to load your old account....
Yeah, sorry. This is totally wrong.

The iCloud Activation Lock cannot be bypassed. One would need to have the Apple ID and password used previously on the phone in order to "sign out of the old apple account". Without that, the device is a paperweight.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman