I want to get phone call and text notifications from my iPhone on my Samsung tablet. How?

I

iMore Question

If my $30 Wyze watch can show me who's calling and/or texting, why can't my tablet?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is not a tablet and tablets generally do not receive text messages or phone calls. With continuity and handoff, other “Apple” devices can receive phone calls and text messages from an iPhone.

Continuity & handoff is not meant to work with non-Apple products.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
If my $30 Wyze watch can show me who's calling and/or texting, why can't my tablet?
Because unlike the producer of your watch or your car stereo (providing you have one), Samsung has not made an app to communicate with the iphone via Bluetooth, of the type to intercept phonecalls that arrive on your phone, and to display them on your tablet.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Why can’t your Samsung tablet receive calls or texts that your iPhone is receiving, though a 30$ watch can show you caller ID or a text message?
The Wyze watch is purposefully designed to interact with an iPhone(or other smartphones) through their app and BT. This allows the Watch to provide health data as well as provide some (extremely)limited call/text functionality. A Samsung tablet is a standalone device, unlikely “30$”, and Samsung doesn’t design it to interwork with iPhone or likely much care to or pay to develop an app that makes it easier to own an iPhone.
Observation: you’re looking for Apple eco level interwork features by way of inexpensive devices from disparate manufacturers to make it “go” via apps? If this is true then I strongly suggest reconsidering that plan.

KCox2021

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
This is all part of the Apple ecosystem. Handoff works pretty seamlessly between Apple devices. It's part of what makes Apple so popular. "It just works".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2