I need to disable my sons text on iPhone 6 during school hours, how can I do this?

I

iMore Question

I need to disable my sons text on iPhone 6 during school hours

I would like my son to only be able to send and receive text messages from my husband and me from 7:30 - 2:15 monday through friday

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I need to disable my sons text on iPhone 6 during school hours

I think the only way is to have your the carrier block text messages from his device. Also if he has data he can still send messages via an app.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Welcome to iMore!

I'm not sure you can do such a thing, but if there is such a setting it would be in the family share settings. Again, I'm unsure if there is such a thing.

Otherwise the only other option is to disable it in Restrictions on his phone before he leaves for school, and then enable it when he comes home. Although from one parent to another, in the event of an emergency (on the way to school, at school, or on the way home from school) this may not be such a wise idea if he's in a position where he cannot put the phone up to his ear for a call.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I would like my son to only be able to send and receive text messages from my husband and me from 7:30 - 2:15 monday through friday

Who is your wireless carrier? If you happen to be on Verizon they have whats called FamilyBase where you can set that up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2