I hate Siri, can she win me back in iOS 9?

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I figured it was my hick accent but if google can manage why not apple? I wonder if they're working feverishly to catch up with google on this? over all I like apple better, their customer service can't be beat, they get better apps, are more secure, easy to use, get more updates aren't full of bloatware, etc. no way I'm switching to android. but I give credit where it's due and I think google is beating apple on the speech and search game. I hope apple is paying attention.

I am from Oklahoma and have a fairly typical okie accent. Siri understands me most of the time, but I think her dictionary of words is smaller than what is available to Google Now. I tried your Murrah Federal building question on Siri and never got a good response. It appears that Siri has never heard the word 'Murrah' before. I did get a proper response when I changed my question to "when was the federal building in Oklahoma City bombed?". Not a read out response like Google Now provided, but at least proper web search results.

I also tried the daylight savings time question. Siri struggles to understand the question when I use "when's" instead of "when is".

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup